• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

form email plugin issue sending pdf

I do intend to create a custom pdf but just trying the default and it's not working properly. I do get a pdf attached in email but the content of the pdf looks like json output of the form contents. Running Fabrik 3.8 on J! 3.8.2. Please see attached screenshot. I assume I don't need to upgrade dompdf because it's generating the pdf file but perhaps something is incorrect in the templates?

upload_2018-2-11_21-42-24.png

There aren't any pop-ups involved. The image I sent is just a screenshot from when I opened the pdf from gmail. Even if I save the pdf to disk and open it with a pdf reader it still shows the json version of the content and not a templated version. Also, I'm not entirely sure how this is related to the list view as I'm referring to the form email plugin with pdf attachment turned on but I checked and confirmed that the list view is not ajaxified. Let me know if you need more detail, maybe I'm leaving something out here and confusing the matter by mistake. Note as well, fabrik is generating the pdf and sending it no problem, it's just the content of the PDF isn't in any way formatted (ie. the json) as I would assume the default template should provide some basic formatting which I can adjust with a custom template.

S.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how this is related to the list view as I'm referring to the form email plugin with pdf attachment turned on but I checked and confirmed that the list view is not ajaxified

I asked because PDF generation doesn't work when the form is submitted via AJAX from a popup in an AJAXified list, because the view format is "raw".

Which site / form?

-- hugh

I think I ask this every time:) Where do I provide the access? Is it on the personal details page or can I email you directly?

http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

I only need the backend admin, no ftp or cpanel. And put any notes about what form etc in the notes section. And best to give me a dedicated account (not your normal admin) that you can turn off when I'm not actively working on anything.

-- hugh

Just FYI I'm using the first (non blank) row in the list (rowid 27) to test with - and had to add a "provincial permit#" (of 666) in order to submit.

-- hugh

And that test seems to have worked. I added my gmail to the To, just got a copy of the email with a valid PDF attached. You should have received the same one (I think I sent a few, didn't receive them till I realized I'd spelled my email address wrong).

-- hugh

The other thing I found, I'm trying to create a custom PDF template as per the documentation (although I have to use the details template) and I find my changes do display on the details page after submission but they do not appear in the pdf. But that may also be related to the json issue.

Weirdly, when sending from the front end and getting the JSON (raw) output, it looks like it's the wrong row as well ... I get rowid 75 instead of 27.

I'm still trying to figure out what could be doing that ...

-- hugh

For now I'm just going to use the email template function and I'll get back to the PDF later, but now what I've found is that the signature image appears in the email output when I use the backend version of the form, but again the frontend version has an issue where it won't display the image, I just see a placeholder. Is this an ACL problem?

upload_2018-2-22_22-10-48.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back