• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Recent content by nrsmoll

1. nrsmoll

I can be reached at nrsmoll@gmail.com. I'm Nicolas Smoll on researchgate and google scholar...

I can be reached at nrsmoll@gmail.com. I'm Nicolas Smoll on researchgate and google scholar. What kind of content do you actually need? a screenshot? I have built a health record system for pain medicine on Fabrik, what exactly do you need?
  2. nrsmoll

Repeated groups not showing

Hi, Sorry! I hope you didn't waste too much time. Yep, I had a huge weekend doing lots of updating, and added lots of functionality. I solved this on your 3rd point, I was using a custom template. I had a custom template that I copy-pasted from the default bootstrap template. I only added...
  3. nrsmoll

Repeated groups not showing

Hi, I'm trying to create a repeated group within a form. "List1" ("visits") is the base table, and "List2" ("procedures") is the joined list that I would like to have as a repeated group. I've ensured that the "repeatable" option is set to yes in list1 (data > Joins). The setting inside...
  4. nrsmoll

Filtering a database join using the "Filter Where" option

Yes! Much like the cascading dropdown plugin. What I really like about the DB join element is that it gave you the option to view and add a new entry using the database element. I suspect that functionality is not possible then, and should go back to using cascading dropdowns?
  5. nrsmoll

Friendly bumpity bump I've been still trying to work this out, these are some code snippets not working chronic_pain_codes.`fk_cpd_main_raw` = visit.`fk_visit_main_raw` visit.`fk_visit_main_raw` = chronic_pain_codes.`fk_cpd_main_raw` {thistable}.`fk_visit_main_raw` =...
  6. nrsmoll

List Link Plugin not showing in list if other (edit/view/delete) buttons are not accessible

Hi, I have several link plugins on my list (main). On one I have set "yes" on the "fabrik link" button and ajaxified the other list appropriately. While it works well on the intended button, the other list link plugin's now also use pop-ups (not the intended behavior). Effectively I want the...
  7. nrsmoll

PDF templates directory

That is interesting. I created a template (I'm using Fabrik 3.8), and uploaded it to the "forms" and "details" folders (components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/) and the folder did not show up in either folder, when I look under "layout\" tab in the Forms. Is there a procedure to activate the...
  8. nrsmoll

Do content plugins work in fabrik menu items?

Hi, I had hidden the menu, trying not to make it visible on the main page, which is why you can't see it. I've rejigged it. On the main page of "Clincher" (CLINical researCHER) the menu is there, but first navigate away from this main page (no row id's selected at this stage) using either the...
  9. nrsmoll

It is definitely associated with related data. The placeholder "visit___fk_visit_main_raw" is referring to related data, data related to the main table. There are two main lists: Main & Visit. The content plugin is typically found above the "visits" list(s) to remind the user of what patient...
  10. nrsmoll

I have a list with a content plugin in the intro, referring to a details view. It works well using a native fabrik list view. However, when I create a menu item with a fabrik list, the same content plugin no longer displays the element data, when it is viewed from within the fabrik menu item...
  11. nrsmoll

List Link Plugin not showing in list if other (edit/view/delete) buttons are not accessible

Hi, Just settling back in. I had removed it to try troubleshooting. Its back up there, and it mostly works, but had to allow the edit button to be shown. (still also working out the rowid placeholder)
  12. nrsmoll

I'm well aware of the "chunk". I have completed a "logbook" application that I am using quite successfully at the moment, and was my first go. The main app began as a research tool, but since the goal I have been envisioning for a long time, is an app marrying clinical data and research data (I...
  13. nrsmoll

No probs, that sounds reasonable. I'm just on my way back to aus from belgium, so maybe we can tee up a time after this weekend when I get home. In the meantime, the goal of the project (quite ambitious) is a clinical information system. Thus far, it seems like fabrik will be able to manage all...
  14. nrsmoll

Hi, Thanks for your help. The list is my main list, "70". After reading your last post, I am pretty sure I updated appropriately. I did go and update the cPanel part of the wiki, adding: "(often this is the "public_html" file)" in one of the bullets.
  15. nrsmoll

Ok, I thought it was a simple code notation issue. The join of interest is element number 3215, in group titled "visits". I have my "main" table (contains patient identifiers and primary key), which contains joins to two different tables: chronic_pain_codes (Issues list) & Visits. Main ->...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back