Recent content by Stevebenson223

1. S

Solved Search form to filter 4 lists - any alternatives to URL filtering?

No alternatives needed: I finally figured out why the URL filtering wasn't working. See my other posts on the subject.
  2. S

Solved Search form to filter multiple lists

Solved! Finally! Just in case anyone has the same problem... As my four lists were all copies of the same single list which has several joins, I deleted all the joins in the four lists that were not needed. Now it works perfectly.
  3. S

Solved Search form to filter 4 lists - any alternatives to URL filtering?

I'm trying to filter four lists using one search form but the "traditional" way of using a content plugin in an article with URL filtering is not working consistently for me, despite several days of trying and lots of help from luminaries in this forum. So I'm looking for an alternative. In...
  4. S

Hi @troester. I'm frustratingly close to getting this to work. Following your suggestion in another post, I unpublished all the elements I didn't need in all the lists. It worked for two lists, then three... but not four. Or rather, the fourth list displayed correctly once, but never again...
  5. S

How to change tables prefix in a test site copy?

So, your database on the J4 site was sql8117_49.hr5i3 and the database on the cloned site is sql8117_49.bgma5? In which case, you should be able to change the database connection in the cloned site as above? Or am I missing something? I've cloned sites before but not with Akeeba Backup.
  6. S

How to change tables prefix in a test site copy?

In your cloned site Joomla admin, go to Components - Fabrik - Connections and you should be able to change the database there. Fabrik might even detect this and change it for you. You might need the password for the new database. Test your connection and it should be ok.
  7. S

...but just before that, should this work for more than two lists? I was hoping to have four lists but it doesn't seem to be working for the additional two I've just set up. I believe I've set them up in exactly the same way as the first two lists but have exactly the same problem.
  8. S

THAT'S IT - YOU'VE DONE IT!!! I had tried resetfilters=1 earlier but had taken it out again. Now, with the list filters hidden, it works perfectly. Adding the extra bit to the redirect URL only worked once though - any further searches were ignored. But that doesn't matter much. I can always...
  9. S

Thanks again. I set both lists (Details->Filters->Filters) to No, but still no change.
  10. S

Maybe not. I unlinked the Crew Member element from the Cast list and unpublished it and now the two lines above do not appear in the debug query - in fact, both queries are identical. But search-for actors still do not appear in the second list. :(
  11. S

OK, thanks @troester There are two additional lines in the query for the second list. Looks like it's still looking for the element from the first list: So, is this because both lists are copies of one original list? They both have all the same elements?
  12. S

Thanks @troester - it's reassuring to know it SHOULD work. Worth mentioning that both lists are copies of one single list with multiple groups, but each one shows details of different repeating groups - could this be causing problems? I emptied the browser cache, Joomla cache and the...
  13. S

Thanks @lori19 1) I tried renaming "param1" to "person" but still got the message instead of the filtered page, although now the message contained "...person=1" so maybe that was causing a problem. In the end, I abandoned the redirect plugin and used a php plugin with the following code...
  14. S

Hi I'm trying to filter multiple lists using a single search form. I found this old forum thread which I've followed but it's not working correctly: https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/display-and-filter-multiple-lists-simultaneously-in-a-single-page.36058/ The search form is a...
  15. S

Placeholder in fileupload-path

I concur. And I'll add to this, if that's OK. In J3/F3 you could even use element placeholders in the fileupload directory path WITH Ajax uploads IF you switched on the "Use WiP" option. That worked and still works in a J3/F3 test site I have. This functionality stopped working in J4/F4, even...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back