• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Recent content by terp

1. terp

Boy, have I got some bugs for you...

:) PS: I'm digging the ajaxification, guys! Well-done.
  2. terp

Help Creating a Q-and-A for a computer-illiterate client

HEY! There's my tape drive! :) http://oldcomputers.net/trs80i.html
  3. terp

"TeleTypes?" We had these in the military; a friend of mine fixed them. Nice. ;) My first was the TRS-80, followed by the Timex Sinclair. I think I paid $19.95 for the Timex at Fay's Drugstore...16K as well...membrane keyboard...used the old black tape drives with the big handle in the front...
  4. terp

Well, to be fair, Bill Gates did say that 640K should be enough for anyone... :) I think I had 64M in my C-64, right? :)
  5. terp

Joomlacomment plugin

Ahhhh, to add comments to every one of those IDs, not just to table id=14, is above my pay grade....will have to yield back to Hugh or someone else, sorry. :)
  6. terp

Joomlacomment plugin

...but you could use the table plugins TO insert these tables into content sections, then use JoomlaComment. If you create a new content item and use {fabrik view=table id=xx} as the content, it should show your table and since it's within an article/content, joomlacomment would also show at...
  7. terp

PS....also noticed some disgruntled Fabrik "user" (and I use gigantic quotes around "user") went through and said each possible review was not helpful and said each negative review was...probably spent more time trying to show their displeasure than they did trying to learn to use Fabrik. :)
  8. terp

I just left a review (I think I did one in the past, but it let me do it again, so perhaps my past review was for Fab 1). I did, however, have to rate Fabrik 2.5 stars, since I still can't get the ID to show in the email: http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7999 I'm just kidding, of...
  9. terp

Joomlacomment plugin

I hate to jump in where I don't belong, but do you mean JomComment extenstion from Azrul? :) If so, you can set JomComment to compile comments for any content item, so you could simply display your tables you want to allow people to comment on as content (using the Fabrik plugins) and...
  10. terp

Will Fabrik handle this project?

...takes about 8 minutes to pour one of these from the tap in the bar, and it holds its head for longer. ;) As for the support, both Rob and Hugh are truly amazing...could just put the component out there like some and troll the forums once a week to provide as little support as is required to...
  11. terp

Karlsberger? After the 'Bier?' I've probably got 200-300 'racks' (large, plastic racks with .5 liter bottles) under my belt and the waistline to prove it. ;) [edit] Are you sure it's not saving? A few SVNs ago, something did creap in where it seemed to lag for me when I tried to save/apply...
  12. terp

Since you are just playing around right now, perhaps start by adding a new table, then Fabrik will create the form, groups, and elements for you, at which point you can go in and edit each, to include the form. The error fires when you click new form, but doesn't when you create a table, which...
  13. terp

Fabrik right tool for this task

That's good stuff, sir; I'll digest that tomorrow morning over a pot of coffee...could see some use of these 'views.' And I did say, "chess pie? wtf?" :)
  14. terp

I've really been getting my money's worth out of the table prefilters; think that's what you are looking for...check out the data tab in Tables -> Edit (your preexisting table) -> data. I often copy the primary table, then apply table filters to the copy to do the voodoo that it sounds like...
  15. terp

<meanie eyes>
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back