• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Paypal shipping address without joomla userid

chipperfield

My first post - so just wanted to say 'great product and great forums' first. Hope you can help me.

I have a form which submits customer details to paypal - without creating a joomla user. I want paypal to have the customer shipping details same as if they had clicked a 'buy now' paypal button, since otherwise they have to enter the same details again to pay by card.

So I have set the Paypal plugin paraeters to get all the shipping details from the form fields, but it then requires a joomla user id before it adds these to the Paypal [opts]. What I need is simply to add the details for the customer entered on the form onto the paypal query string using normal paypal html variables.

I can force it to do what I want by forcing the rowid from the form into the shipping query at line 218 of paypal.php, but there must be a better way. This is my addition:

/* user id forced to row id of form record in db GWTC 2013-04-10 */
$shipping_userid = $formModel->_formData['id'];
if ($shipping_userid > 0)
{

Any ideas?
Thanks
Giles

HI Giles

Is this actually for Fabrik 3.1 or 3.0?

Am I right in thinking that you have set the shipping table to be the same as that of the paypal plugin's forms?

I guess we had never thought of doing that before, I think we had initially presumed the address would be in a separate table.

What I've done for 3.0 (which is available in github), is to add some additional logic, so if the shipping list is the same as the form's list and the user is not logged in, then use the record's id as the $shipping_user id.

Those changes will make their way into the 3.1 branch (currently labelled joomla3) when I get round to the next merge.

-Rob

Perfect! Downloaded and working.
Yes, I am on Fabrik 3.0 and this does just what is required.
So now all the customer transaction info is in the same paypal plugin form, which is what I was after for this function.
Thanks,
Giles

Trying to close this thread since it's finished, but only have 'Delete' on thread Tools menu. Anyone tell me how to close a thread please?

Unfortunately, XF doesn't (yet) support "Open / Close own threads" as a permission. I'm looking at an addon for XF which implements it, but haven't had time to fully test it yet.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back