• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Why is OpenStreetMap Element plugin deprecated?

We only ever had a tiny handful of people use it, and it's a lot of work to maintain, so we just can't justify it. The code is still there if anyone wants to take ownership of it.

-- hugh

It's all in the joomla25 branch on github. In plugins/fabrik_element/openstreetmap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi, I was looking for a tool using OpenStreetMap in Joomla so I'll glance at the Fabrik 2.5 github files. Thanks for the sharing.
Regards

Just be aware there's been a LOT of changes in both J! and Fabrik since then, and it won't be a simple task to port it forward. Although you can crib a lot of the basics from the current googlemap element.

-- hugh

Hi,
I have found this page explaining how using how to embed OpenStreetMap tiles as a layer within a Google Map (i.e. using the google maps javascript library for map display, but displaying OpenStreetMap map tiles) :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Maps_Example
Now I don't have much time to go further : I'll use rather the project umap (based on OpenStreetMap) and embedding the map in the site.
Regards,

Thierry

[Edit] uMap is very powerfull (to filter, navigate, search,...) providing that you work with a good .kml file(s) in uMap. Here an example : http://usep11.org/site_usep11/index.php/home/carte-des-ecoles-audoises-2
Sélection_095.png

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,
Thanks for your work. Sorry but I read your message only now...
So I've installed the last commit (last commit made by Pollen8) : https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/347d5d5634e3cf73cc3edafda70fef21631e3b65 but the map displayed is Googlemap not OSM.

Sélection_091.png Sélection_092.png

Regards,

Thierry

[Edit] : Sorry, the GoogleMap is displayed when I choose "Use static map : Static", if I choose "Use static map : Full", there isn't any map displayed. I have a message "Pas de position s?lectionn?e" (no position selected).

Last edited:
Yup :oops:,
Yes, it's working only when a form is in edit mode. But if you only visualize, this doesn't work (the settings of Googlemap element plugin are the same) :
Sélection_096.png Sélection_097.png
Regards,

Thierry

Oh, right, well yes ... that's why I said:

Note that this only works so far for the full map display in forms. I haven't looked at how to do it for static map display.

... as the code you pointed at was only relevant to the full v3 JS API, not to static maps.

If you want to dig up something to use for static maps, I'll do that. :)

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,
If I find informations, be sure I'll be back :). But my programming skill level is limited...
Regards,

Thierry

PS : I think that the possibility to work with uMap (OpenSteetMap) will be very interesting because in uMap you can also retrieve remote datas (for instance to have always up to date datas from OSM, here an exemple : http://www.mappa-mercia.org/2014/09/creating-an-always-up-to-date-map.html). But for me the first advantage is to avoid Google tools.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back