3.7 Fabrik - Menus are disappearing and templates arent' sticking

kdiamond

I upped to 3.7 Fabrik and on many list pages the menu is disappearing. Also the template doesn't seem to be taking hold. That's not a big deal on the template but I need the menu.

Using Gantry 5 with Interstellar.

Thank you-

IF you go to our home page. www.pourtasticllc.com. The our-service page still has Gantry 5 assigned. The rest have Gantry 4 assigned (reverted to get it to work). All pages are this way if set to Gantry 5. Gantry is asking me to turn off Fabrik and they say:

@kingdiamond_tx_twitter try disabling fabrik
latest joomla releases have "feature" where bad router code kills all template assignments in joomla
which means that bug in a component or plugin may cause issues you're seeing

What happens if you disable Fabrik?

It's working with other templates (Gantry4, Protostar...) so it doesn't seem to be a Joomla router problem.
All pages are this way if set to Gantry 5.
Also pages without Fabrik?

I'm running what I think is the latest Gantry 5 (5.4.14, from July 6th), with the Hydrogen template, and I don't have that problem.

-- hugh

I have about a dozen different templates and template engines installed, including Gantry 4 and 5.

I sent a request to RT's contact email asking for another dev license - the last one I had expired a few months ago - so I can install the actual template you are using, see if that makes any difference. You might ask your contact to check with their admins, I'm 'cheesegrits' on their forums (hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com), see if he/she can expedite getting me access.

-- hugh

They gave me a month's "club" membership, so I've downloaded a few more of their Gantry templates, including Interstellar. I currently have that set as my default, and am not seeing any problems with menus. This is my main test setup, so I have about 60 Fabrik menu items spread across 5 top level menus in three different positions. The site started life as J! 3.4 with Fabrik 3.3, and has been through all updates since, currently at J! 3.7.4, with latest Fabrik github.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back