List Link Plugin not showing in list if other (edit/view/delete) buttons are not accessible

nrsmoll

Hi,
I'm trying the new list link plugin with the hope it can replace the "related records" links in the main list view.

My list (main, 70) has the access for edit, view and delete buttons set to "nobody". In this setting the "copy list" plugin and the "php list" plugin both render a button in the list (despite the edit, view and delete buttons set to "nobody"). The "List link" plugin doesn't seem to render a button in the intended list, but when I set the "edit" button access to "public" so that it can be seen, the "Link list" button appears.

Is there a way of getting the list link plugin to behave like the "copy/php list" plugin?

Are you running relatively recent code?

I made a change to the list code fairly recently:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/co...17a8a18#diff-7bfe58b005295da10912d4a79a37f015

... specifically to allow the link plugin to work when the user doesn't have edit access (which used to hide the checkboxes, which meant the list plugin code couldn't figure out which row had been clicked on).

Also I think you'll need this one from a few months ago:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/co...ef0cbfa#diff-f4e06b9316f3a78ba0b5cb01a2bb6054

-- hugh

Hmm, I'm not sure it has fixed it, but I may also be to blame.

The fabrik update that I have been using (when I first posted on this forum) was from about November 12, when I was working on an issue "JS in element "onchange", "show", shows groups, but not elements" (Forum post title). I have updated it again from Github on Dec 5th.

Where I may have gone wrong:
I am pretty sure that I updated it properly, but I didn't get I large list of updates to install, only a "joompush" plugin update. (I installed the entirety of fabrik both in the root file which I think is the parent file of "public_html" AND the "public_html" file using cPanel. <- I know one of these is wrong, probably the first.

Overall, I still am not getting the php link plugin to show in my main list.

Last edited:
Yes, parent of public_html is wrong. You need to upload to public_html (assuming your site isn't in a subfolder, but rather at the top level).

You won't see masses of updates to install in J! after a github update. You'll only see stuff in "Discover" if we've added a plugin to github since the last release.

Which list is the link plugin on?

-- hugh

Hi,
Thanks for your help.
The list is my main list, "70".
After reading your last post, I am pretty sure I updated appropriately. I did go and update the cPanel part of the wiki, adding: "(often this is the "public_html" file)" in one of the bullets.

Hi,
Just settling back in.
I had removed it to try troubleshooting.
Its back up there, and it mostly works, but had to allow the edit button to be shown.
(still also working out the rowid placeholder)

Hi,
I have several link plugins on my list (main). On one I have set "yes" on the "fabrik link" button and ajaxified the other list appropriately. While it works well on the intended button, the other list link plugin's now also use pop-ups (not the intended behavior). Effectively I want the first couple of buttons to go to a URL in a webpage, and the last (issues list) to go to a popup, but now all are going to a pop-up.

It seems like the code for one link list button is unintentionally working on the other buttons (list link plugins)

Hi,
I have several link plugins on my list (main). On one I have set "yes" on the "fabrik link" button and ajaxified the other list appropriately. While it works well on the intended button, the other list link plugin's now also use pop-ups (not the intended behavior). Effectively I want the first couple of buttons to go to a URL in a webpage, and the last (issues list) to go to a popup, but now all are going to a pop-up.

It seems like the code for one link list button is unintentionally working on the other buttons (list link plugins)
I fixed this in GitHub a few days ago, but apparently forgot to tell you.

Hugh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back