• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error after update to 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanl

Hi

Yesterday I got an error message on our site, and I noticed quite a few users had the same. It was just a message saying something like "Fabrik created this message.....move right along..." (not the exact words). I deleted a file from the site's root folder, and that sorted it out, and I read on the forums that it is advised to update to latest version of Fabrik.

I did the update last night. Now, when I open my site, I am unable to add or edit any records. When I do try, I get this message:

The requested page can't be found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

• an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
  • a mistyped address
  • a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
  • you have no access to this page
Go to the Home Page

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

1054 Unknown column 'salesman_0.salesman_0' in 'field list'

Is there anyone that is able to assist me please? I don't know enough about this, but I am desperate to get this resolved, as I am totally dependant on the system. Please can anyone advise.

If you got this message then you were running an outdated Fabrik (<3.7) and your site got hacked.
So it's not sufficient to only delete this index file, you must make sure your system is clean.

From which php, Joomla and Fabrik version did you update? to where?
Any backups?

Is 'salesman' a list/table you are using?
Check for custom code, dbjoin elements with "Where", disable elements related to 'salesman' and see if this changes the behaviour.

Do you have an element "salesman_o" in a table "salesman_o"?

Also, turn on fabrik debugging and append &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL where you get the message, find the SQL statement in the debugging output and see if that helps you identify the problem.

If it doesn't post the SQL statement here so we can see where the column is appearing.

If you got this message then you were running an outdated Fabrik (<3.7) and your site got hacked.
So it's not sufficient to only delete this index file, you must make sure your system is clean.

From which php, Joomla and Fabrik version did you update? to where?
Any backups?

Is 'salesman' a list/table you are using?
Check for custom code, dbjoin elements with "Where", disable elements related to 'salesman' and see if this changes the behaviour.
Troester

Thank you. I updated to the last version available on GitHub last night. Joomla is up to date, and yes, I made a backup before I updated the Fabrik.

I will do a F debug now and post below shortly.

Do you have an element "salesman_o" in a table "salesman_o"?

Also, turn on fabrik debugging and append &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL where you get the message, find the SQL statement in the debugging output and see if that helps you identify the problem.

If it doesn't post the SQL statement here so we can see where the column is appearing.
No, I don't have an element or table calles "salesman_o". But I do have one called "salesman".

Troester

I turned on F debug, but when I click on the Add button to add a new record, I simply get the same error and no debug code? If I append the URL of the actual list as per your request, I simply get this message:
Resource not found

Hugh also changed a file list.php which I got from GitHub and uploaded it to my site using ftp, but the issue still persists.

@Sophist : I think it's salesman_"null" (really hard to see if it's o or 0 in this forum), i.e. a table alias for salesman.

Which may used e.g. with dbjoins or cdds as table name, but here it seems to be also the column name, so something strange is going on.
That why I said "Check for custom code, dbjoin elements with "Where", disable elements related to 'salesman' and see if this changes the behaviour."

Debug code is only shown if debug is turned on AND if you append &fabrikdebug=1 (resp. ?fabrikdebug=1 if there's no other URL param).

@Sophist : I think it's salesman_"null" (really hard to see if it's o or 0 in this forum), i.e. a table alias for salesman.

Which may used e.g. with dbjoins or cdds as table name, but here it seems to be also the column name, so something strange is going on.
That why I said "Check for custom code, dbjoin elements with "Where", disable elements related to 'salesman' and see if this changes the behaviour."

Debug code is only shown if debug is turned on AND if you append &fabrikdebug=1 (resp. ?fabrikdebug=1 if there's no other URL param).
Hello Troester

Thank you. I do have some custom code, but the code was done over a year ago by Hugh, and it has been working perfectly, until last night when I did the update. I am not sure what to do from here.

As I said:
Disable elements in the affected list (not the id element) and try to enable one by one to find the culprit.

As I said:
Disable elements in the affected list (not the id element) and try to enable one by one to find the culprit.
There are 2 elements referring to salesman, which I have disables, and the error still appears. There is also one list called salesman, and even if I unplublish it, the error appears.

Seems to be an issue with a second CDD to the same table as another CDD. I unpublished the second one (sales_person_email). I'll see if I can replicate the problem here.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh. Thanks again for your assistance with this. I just wanted to let you know that if you rememeber, a view was created from the main list, to search for certain items. Now, when I search for a record, I get this error, although the results are shown:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/templates/favouritedark/index.php on line 18 Call Stack: 0.0000 235688 1. {main}() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/index.php:0 0.0245 2515272 2. Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/index.php:49 2.2179 15520392 3. Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:273 2.2180 15520896 4. Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:780 2.2180 15521624 5. Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->parse() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1103 2.2180 15521880 6. Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_fetchTemplate() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:535 2.2181 15522336 7. Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_loadTemplate() /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:720 2.2181 15540192 8. require('/home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/templates/favouritedark/index.php') /home/autoarmor-parow/public_html/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:658

Can you advise?

Not without looking at your site template (which is where the error seems to be), and as discussed in Skype, hands on stuff like that is outside the scope of Community support. For a "mission critical" app like this, you really need a support sub.

-- hugh

Thanks. I'll take a look. When is a good time (expressed in GMT) for me to work on the site? I may have to put it in debug mode, or make the forms unusable while I track any issues.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back