• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

list email plugin bug?

prophoto

After submitting the list email plugin in the backend I am forwarded to this page instead of back to the list with a Joomla message. I updated to 3.8.1 a few days ago and git just now, still does the same thing.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

The email function works. However instead of getting the confirmation message on a pop-up, as it was before, you redirected on this page.

The email function works. However instead of getting the confirmation message on a pop-up, as it was before, you redirected on this page.

I'd say this is not working fine since it doesn't stay on the list page where I started...also doesn't show ANY other menus or content on the page.

I am not sure because I run two sites on F.3.8 one with default Joomla template (Protostar) and one with something else.
The first one is ok but not the second.

Meh, I hate the J! WYSWYG handling.

Are you using WYSIWYG mode for the email editing, and if so, did you hit the "Toggle Editor" button on the popup ( to switch it to full WYSIWYG mode) before sending?

I just discovered a bug whereby if you are using WYSIWYG, but never actually select WYSIWYG mode ("Toggle Editor"), when you hit "Send" it'll bug out (as we try to read the content from a non-existent TinyMCE editor buffer). It'll still send the email, but won't pick up the response from the AJAX call to insert into the popup window, it'll do that redirect thing.

Hopefully fixed in this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/fc471f9c84c4696911b4bc5622fa6b6d73add09e

... along with a problem I found during testing to do with the new J! router in SEF mode.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh!
That was the problem.
I disabled WYSWYG on the list and it worked.
Now you fixed it also for enabled WYSWYG.

Ah, well, there ya go. I use TinyMCE, because much as I like JCE, it introduces a lot of issues.

OK, I'll take a look. The reason I hate J!'s wysiwyg editor handling so much is that on the JavaScript side, every editor potentially has to be handled differently. Sometimes features (like saving the edited text to the underlying form textarea element) work, sometimes they have to be handled differently.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back