• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fileupload element : how to custumize the filter list?

tali

When clicking on the upload button, there is a personalized file list shown in the Windows Explorer:
(*.bmp;*.dib;*.doc;*.docx;.........*.txt;*.text;*.xsl)

Where does this list comes from?
How to add *.xlsx to it?

Yes. Thank you for your time on my problem.

The field "Allowed File Types" as stated by the hint on it is meant to control the file after upload.
When blank, the media allowed is used (which in my case, contains xslx).
In fact, it has no influence on the extensions that are shown in the Explorer before upload.
(Of course, people could click the dropdown to "All files"). But this is not obvious for some of them.
They want to upload an xlsx file and just don't see it in the list shown by Windows Explorer.

The exact filter proposed by default when searching the file to upload is
Code:
bmp,dib,doc,docx,gif,jpg,pjpeg,jpeg,jtif,pjp,jpg,pjpeg,jpeg,jtif,pjp,pdf,png,ppt,swf,swl,txt,text,xls
exactly this (with repeated jpg,pjpeg,jpeg,jtif,pjp)

As pjpeg is seldom used, I made a search in the whole database : no pjpeg.
and in the files. Only 2 files have pjpeg. Namely:
  • class.mime.php in \components\com_fabrik\libs\phpmimetypeclass
  • mime.types.php in -d°-
But I doubt this has anything to do with the fileupload element.
BTW, strangely, they have xls but not xlsx.

Where does the list in code above comes from?
How can I add xlsx in it in order to have the files listed accordingly in the Windows Explorer before the upload ?

If you don't specify a type list in the element settings, we use the defaults from com_media ... go to System => Global Configuration, select Media in the left hand Component list, "Legal Extensions (File Types)".

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh for your reply.

I already have this in "Legal Extensions (File Types)
Code:
bmp,csv,doc,docx,gif,ico,jpg,jpeg,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,pptx,swf,txt,xcf,xls,xlsx,BMP,CSV,DOC,DOCX,GIF,ICO,JPG,JPEG,ODG,ODP,ODS,ODT,PDF,PNG,PPT,PPTX,SWF,TXT,XCF,XLS,XLSX
and in Legal MIME Types
Code:
image/jpeg,image/gif,image/png,image/bmp,application/x-shockwave-flash,application/msword,application/excel,application/pdf,application/powerpoint,text/plain,application/x-zip

The Legal Extensions are not reflected in the filter proposed by default when searching the file to upload with the upload component which is
Code:
bmp,dib,doc,docx,gif,jpg,pjpeg,jpeg,jtif,pjp,jpg,pjpeg,jpeg,jtif,pjp,pdf,png,ppt,swf,swl,txt,text,xls
in particular with xlsx missing.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back