• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

PDF Overrides & Custom Views

Metabern

We have a fairly complex Purchase Order manager going on Fabrik, it uses a custom view to grab and sort elements the way we like. We've created list joins and calcs to show relevant fields (from Virtuemart).

Were having some issues though
In the frontend, our calc elements work on the list view but not on the details page. In the backend, they work on list and detail page.

We want to output detail pages to PDF's and are wondering how to solve the problem of

Either getting or calcs to work on frontend denial page OR creating a custom pdf template for the backend, which I'm not sure if its possible.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Frontend/Backend:
Is this an access issue or a template issue?
I.e. if you are logged in in frontend as superadmin, is it then working?
Or if you change your frontend template e.g. to Protostar?

In the frontend, any detail page based from a list that is generated using a "view" has "We are unable to find this record" and an empty detail page. Logged in as super admin.

In the backend: Fabrik list calcs work in detail page and list page.

If i output a PDF either from a non view-generated Fabrik list in frontend or from a view generated list in backend, I get a pdf that is downloaded to my desktop.

My goal is to use Fabrik to process virtuemart data into pdf documents and save them in a folder.
Cheers

"We are unable to find...":
Does you view-list have a primary key defined in list settings?
And the PK (id) element published, accessible?
Is the details page link the Fabrik link or a custom one?

"troester, post: 263600, member: 22685"]"We are unable to find...":

Does you view-list have a primary key defined in list settings?
Yes

And the PK (id) element published, accessible?
Yes

Is the details page link the Fabrik link or a custom one?
Fabrik Link

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I managed to figure out the problem, or at least a hint.

With Joomla SEF disabled, I'm able to see lists and detail pages in in front and backend.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back