• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

DatabaseJoin and Date Plugin

wshealy

Scratching my head.
I have a single element (date) I need from the parent record (performance) so I did an element level databasejoin using the parent_id and label of date. The join works fine but it as it should returns the full date/time and I need to format it with the date plugin to mm-dd. It seems to me databasejoin and element type plugins should not be mutually exclusive but alas you can't select both.

My workaround was to do a table level join and then use the date plugin to format the date. This works but I end up with another 47 elements I don't need making the structure dizzyingly complex.

Tell me there is a way I am missing to do a element level databasejoin(plugin) and a element type plugin (date).

Thanks
Wallace

The dbjoin element is storing the foreign key (usually/recommended the id), so you can't have an other element type.

For list joins: just disable all the elements you don't need (or even trash them, empty trash but obviously without deleting the underlying database columns).
There's a Fabrik option "Unpublish cloned elements". If you are working a lot with list joins, list copies etc. it's easier to have all cloned (duplicated, child) elements disabled by default and then only enable the ones you need.

I finally decided there is no way to use a element type plugin and a field level dbjoin plugin. I did what you suggested a list level join and deleted all elements for the un-needed fields. Things are much cleaner.
****Is there a way to make a join to a joomla core table read-only??

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back