• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How create use a full year calendar

F.schettino

Italian
After a long time I am here to ask a suggestion.

I am developing (for a fiend, free of charge :() a site to make reservations of a holiday home / B & B.
I need help to get a full year calendar to show the situation, as I made in Access:
Calendario.png

Someone can help me?

Someone can help me?
Yes, sure, but that's not a project to be explained in 2 or 3 lines.
To say it in the briefest format: that'll take a very much customised list template. And ditto for form, I guess. Hence, good knowledge of Fabrik, PHP, HTML, CSS and some JS is required. And much time.

So, while you are planning to do this for a friend free of charge, others out here will very likely not be able or willing to do so... ;)

You can try with the full calendar vizualisation.

It's depending on your needs.
Fabrik doesn't have an "out of the box" booking, as @lousyfool says you'll need a good knowledge but you can build a very flexible system.

Or use one of the many free or paid Joomla booking components, maybe together with Fabrik.

troester: "use one of the many free or paid Joomla booking components"

This is my idea:
  • at the beginning I have to understand, so
    • I installed Solidres free edition
    • I try to implement specific functions using Fabrik (I used it for a long time, as you could remember; and probably you remember that I'm not a professional programmer, but just a very hard-headed enthusiast)
  • then, I can buy Solidres paid version
But I would like implement ALL using Fabrik.

"full calendar" Could you post the link, please?
Edit: https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/fullcalendar-visualization/

lousyfool:
  • "that's not a project to be explained in 2 or 3 lines" I am sure; my question was finalized to get general information, some tips
  • "much time" I have time; and I not pay my time :)
  • "So, while you are planning ........" Ok, no problem; noone is obliged,

Last edited:
So yes, try the fullcalendar.
But it doesn't have a "year view" (if this a critical point in your case).

If it's for display you may use some calendar component and link a Fabrik list to their eventlist or use Fabrik plugins to synchronize with their event list etc.

I would say the view in your first post and the related stuff is doable with Fabrik within reasonable effort, but you'll have to evaluate your own Fabrik / PHP / CSS / JS skills first.

You just need:
1) Create a list with day elements 1-31
2) Add rows with the months/years for as far to future as you need
3) Check "use as row class" option in day elements, so you can style them with css depending on the value (F, C etc.)
4) Create a reservation form with check-in and check-out date elements. On that form add form-php plugin to check availability and update the reservation in you main reservations view table (this needs some moderate php-skills).
5) Color codes in you list header can be added to list into.
etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back