• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

User editing own records and read only for ALL records

Don't use a prefilter in this case but use "or use field" in list access settings.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I have tried and no luck
please see below:
Access
View list --> Public
View records --> Public
Edit records --> Public
or use field --> -
Add records --> Public
Delete records --> Super User
or use field --> -
Empty records --> Super User

Pre filters I have the following:

Join | Field | Condition | Value | Type | Apply To
Where | User(raw) | EQUALS | {$my->id} | Text | Registered
OR | User(raw) | GREATER THAN | 0 | Text | Super User

What do I need to change.

Thanks, Indrit

"Don't use a prefilter in this case but use "or use field" in list access settings."

So NO prefilter, edit records = eg superadmin, or use field = your user field,

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Yes, use @troester's solution, but also the pre-filter way should work and I see no problems in your pre-filter settings. Just check that the user id-s really exist in database under "User" field and make sure that the user you are viewing the list with, does not belong to "Super User" and belongs to "Registered".

Thank you so much both of you. My trouble was that I was utilizing both Pre-Filters and Access setting in List and I think they were canceling each-other! I got rid of all pre-filters and I did some access adjustments and now it works fine.

So far, The only user who can edit, read, delete any record no matter who is the owner is Super-User.
My question: How can I grant such powers to a specific user in addition to the Super User without making him a Super User for the whole site.

Is this the place where using Pre-filters is the right thing to do?

Any suggestion, hint would be greatly appreciated.

V/r
Indrit

Last edited:
they look a little confusing..

the specific user who I would like to grant super user powers for editing, reading, deleting records only has an ID = 144 Can I just write some code, or pre filter for it and be done?

I tried to understand each link but i don't think I am able to finalize what I am trying to achieve.

NOTE: The goal is for this user to be able to edit, read, and delete ALL records not just a specific record!!

V/r Indrit

You can just create new access level and make sure the user who is in SuperUser role and the user with id 144 belong to that level via usergroups and then set add/view/edit access to the newly created access level in list settings.

Okay, so..
1. I created a group called "CCG C-Suite" with group Parent "Registered"
2. I created a new access level called "C-Suite" (Note: this level is not associated with any other level!)
3. I went to Configuration/Global/Fabrik and click "Permissions" and the user group "CCG C-Suite" i changed from "inherited" to "Allowed" for the following
  • Delete
  • Edit
  • Edit State
4. Went to Users and clicked to the user name and went to the "assigned User Groups" tab and in addition to "Registered" also I clicked "CCG C-Suite"

Saved everything and nothing changed!!

Any suggestions?

V/r Indrit

Last edited:
No, do not change any permissions in Fabrik global options. Set the access levels in the Fabrik list settings.

And make sure group "CCG C-Suite" belongs to access level "C-Suite" and both users belong to "CCG C-Suite" group (maybe they already do, but you didn't mentioned this in your post).

Last edited:
don't know where exactly I need to do that on the access levels in fabrik list settings. I am including here screen shots for your refence and instruction.

Attachments

• acess_level.JPG
    acess_level.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 56
  • fabrik_seeting_list.JPG
    fabrik_seeting_list.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 69
  • groupss.JPG
    groupss.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 54
We are in need of some funding.
More details.