is it possible to buy fabrik?

samani

hi
is there anyone that can to answer to this question?
I think the Fabrik has to sell its license in order to survive. what is your idea?

I sincerely hope that the project continues. I have been following it since Joomla 1.5 and it has allowed me to create very interesting projects, but only in the latest versions has it reached that maturity that allows serious application development. It would be a pity that the project did not go ahead at the height of this maturity.

I send an email to Media A-team but she don't reply yet after 5 days.
i want to buy Fabrik and continue that. i can recruit some experts to continue fabrik for joomla 4 with help volunteer users.
i want do it before Fabrik completely discontinue
anybody have any idea?

It might be a challenge to get a reply from Media A-Team as I've heard. May be a lot of persistance like repeated e-mails etc. would get you there.

But if they do not have any interest to share information with the community, it's sadly an effort without results.

I personally want to believe that there still is a future for Fabrik, so let's hope for the best.

Last edited:
Hi @samani - I don’t see your email, I will check spam and reply if it is there. We are actually in the process of looking at options and will be making an announcement of the future of Fabrik at the end of the quarter. There are many people interested in taking the project in various directions, so we are taking a look at all the possibilities before we make a decision and move forward.

@mediaateam Thanks Robbie and sorry for my desperate looking reply above. There has been no new info for months and that just makes people think the worst possible scenarios.

There are a lot of people who think that Fabrik is a really great thing, so we hope and pray you will find a sustainable way to maintain it best possible way and if not too much trouble, let us know what's going on from time to time.

Codeless app development has been a serious trend for some time now and Fabrik is definitely amongst the best in this. There are a few alternatives, but imho nothing comes close to Fabrik.

Thanks again :)

Hi @samani - I don’t see your email, I will check spam and reply if it is there. We are actually in the process of looking at options and will be making an announcement of the future of Fabrik at the end of the quarter. There are many people interested in taking the project in various directions, so we are taking a look at all the possibilities before we make a decision and move forward.

Last edited:
hi @mediaateam
i send to this

robbie.adair@gmail.com

please reply me as soon as possible.
@juuser
i will report the result in this topic.

She don't reply me yet. i still to her reply.
would you please reply to me @mediaateam ?
part of my email to you:

hi. i see you say "And, lastly, as I just mentioned, we are short-handed, so if you or someone you know have development skills, we are looking for a Joomla/PHP/Fabrik developer to bring on the team if they are the right fit." :
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/mediaateam-professional-support.50485/#post-263906

We have relative control over Joomla and Fabric and we want to support it at a reasonable price. We have the ability to develop the fabrik as we have already developed some parts of the fabrik in some posts.

Last edited:
A bump for this. I care greatly about the sustainability of Fabrik. While I greatly appreciate the generosity of those who built and maintain this project, I'd feel much better about investing my time in learning and using it if there were some deep pockets behind it. And I'd prefer to pay for sustainability than to just hope for the best.

Hello.
Does anyone know anything about this topic? I have been waiting for several months and I need to know if Fabrik for Joomla 4 is going to arrive. I have to start a project and I need to know.
If not, does anyone know of another component similar to Fabrik, even if it's paid, that works well and is compatible with Joomla 4?
Thanks!!

Does anyone know anything about this topic? I have been waiting for several months and I need to know if Fabrik for Joomla 4 is going to arrive.
Once again, please see this post here further up.
Let's face it, even if anyone will continue working on a Fabrik J!4 version from Q2 this year, it'll take quite some time before we'll see it. It's a huuuuuge task.

If not, does anyone know of another component similar to Fabrik, even if it's paid, that works well and is compatible with Joomla 4?
Nope. As several have stated here in the forums, there's nothing else coming close to Fabrik.
Sure, if you don't need an "app builder" but just forms to collect and store data which is then to be displayed in simple ways, there are some useful form extensions out there.

Anyway, why the urgency with J!4? J!3 is working, stable, and well supported by tons of extensions, many of which are still missing for J!4, or buggy.

Anyway, why the urgency with J!4? J!3 is working, stable, and well supported by tons of extensions, many of which are still missing for J!4, or buggy.

The client does not want Joomla 3 in the new project, it "forces" us to use Joomla 4...

Without Joomla 4 there is no project, no work...:(

The client does not want Joomla 3 in the new project, it "forces" us to use Joomla 4...

Without Joomla 4 there is no project, no work...:(
Well, if client and project require Fabrik and J!4, will they then pay for the necessary development?

Client wants the project to be in joomla 4, they don't care about Fabrik or something else. I am the one who wants Fabrik, but if it is not possible I will have to look for an alternative, is there such an alternative?

Client wants the project to be in joomla 4, they don't care about Fabrik or something else. I am the one who wants Fabrik...
As already stated, the combo of what your client demands and what you want is not available cheaply and quickly.

... is there such an alternative?
As already stated, nope. No other "app builder" like Fabrik.

Depending on what exactly it's about, alternative solutions might be possible, but then that's not about Fabrik, and so it doesn't belong here.
If you're interested, hit me up per PM (or WhatsApp as in the past).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back