• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] Organising file uploads

I have a list with a couple of file upload elements. One is for a single image, so does not use Ajax, and the other is for displaying multiple images in a slideshow, so Ajax is enabled. Faced with potentially hundreds of images, I've been looking for a way to organise them into separate folders. I know I can use placeholders to define specific folders, but for the Ajaxified element I can't use element placeholders, which would be the ideal. Using {date} or similar is not the best option (though probably the only one!).

As the single element will always be saved first, I thought I'd found a way around this if I use an element placeholder for the single image element, then enable the "Allow subfolder selection" option for the slideshow element. But alas, the "Allow subfolder element" option does not work with Ajaxified file upload elements!

So two questions:
1) Has anyone ever found a satisfactory way to organise fileupload images, apart from using {date} (or similar) placeholders?
2) Can someone update the wiki about the "Allow subfolder selection" option not working with Ajax?

Thank you!

It seems at least with the GitHub version element placeholders can now be used. (Upload is going into /tmp and moved to the folder on save)

It seems at least with the GitHub version element placeholders can now be used. (Upload is going into /tmp and moved to the folder on save)
It should be already in Fabrik3.10. Following the GitHub comments you must set "Use WiP" to get this behaviour.

Last edited:
It works like a charm! Thanks so much for finding this @troester
The "Allow subfolder selection" option still doesn't work but I don't need it now.
Does the wiki need updating with this great piece of news?

(Note for anyone else looking for a solution: if your element name placeholder contains spaces, Fabrik will create the media folder and even save the images into it, but Joomla (at least Joomla 3.10) won't let you open the media folder. I had to create a new hidden calc field to strip out the spaces and use this as the placeholder in the Upload Directory.)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back