• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. N

Question regarding PHP Version

I see the requirements call for PHP 8.1 - however, I am having problems with my hosting provider on their version of 8.1. I have rolled back to PHP 8.0.28 - and Fabrik does seem to be working - using Gamma 3. Is there certain things that may not work? Can I consider this Okay using this...
  2. N

Form - Email Plugin - Error: Could not send email to user@domain

I am testing out the form email plugin - however, it is not working. Getting error: Form - Email Plugin - Could not send email to user@domain.com. I am just doing a basic setup sending to one email address...no conditions. I have verified that my Global J! settings are correct and I have...
  3. N

Repeat elements in form - Add/Delete Group labels and sticky labels

Please take a look at the screenshot. 2 things: 1. When clicking Add or Delete (plus/minus icons) - the pop-up alert is sticky and they stack - it doesn't seem to go away on future icon clicks. 2. In Fabrik 3 - there was a way to change the label for this. Default is Add/Delete "Group" -...
  4. N

List - Filter Layout for 'Above' - Date between element is offset

Please take a look at the screenshot - the List - Filter Layout for 'Above' - Date between filter element is offset
  5. N

Suggestion - Capitalize labels when creating fabrik list on existing data table

I think this could save users a lot of time (this was really needed before Fabrik 4.x). Capitalize labels using first letter of each word (separated by space) When an existing table is used to create a fabrik list/elements - Fabrik will create elements with name of field in lowercase (all...
  6. N

List pagination - 'End' & 'Next' button Issue

The 'End' button in the List pagination is cycling between End and Start rows on button clicks. Reproduce: Order list by id DESC. Click on End - you will see that it does go to the END (lowest id rows). Click again - and it will show the highest id rows. The Next button will go back to the...
  7. N

Add row when exception is thrown - no new row created - J! message, text says it did

It appears that when you attempt to add a new record with an exception - there is a J! message stating that a new record was added - when it does not (due to the legitimate exception) Reproduce: Set a text element on an int field in the db for that element. Create a new record and set text to...
  8. N

Element Plugin - User - Hidden - does not save

When Element Plugin - User -> Hidden using ID - the form does not save. This does work when showing on form on save. Error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'created_by' at row 1
  9. N

Will Joomla 4 be supported???

Will Joomla 4 be supported??? Please don't forward me to an old post about this - I have read them all - but I have not seen any updates as of recent. Please be honest with the group here - will this project die with J!3 or is there ongoing work for J!4 compatibility? A straight Yes or No...
  10. N

Joomla 4 Development Updates?

Hey there - I'm not sure if there are updates being provided somewhere for Joomla 4 compatibility - I checked the fabrik facebook page and the fabrik blog - I didn't see anything there. I realize that it's likely a big undertaking to make fabrik 4.x compatible - but I really would like to know...
  11. N

PHP Events list plugin - Save Calc Value

Has anyone successfully used the PHP Events list plugin to update the value of an element/column with a calculated value in the db? (without user interaction on the form). I have some calculations that I need to make but want those to be made on the db side (before the list is shown). Here is...
  12. N

SUM Repeat Rows in form WHERE Condition

I have a Repeat Group where I SUM a Totals column - this works as expected using this code: $total_footage = (array) $data['bid_package_43_repeat___total_footage_raw']; return array_sum($total_footage); However, I also need to separately SUM rows where a Radio Button is selected within each of...
  13. N

List Pre-filter Eval Ajax Value not stored in DB

Hi - I have an calc element that I want to use as a pre-filter. However, I want to have the list pre-filter based on the Ajax value that shows in the list (as the value has not yet been stored in the db). The pre-filter works fine if the value 'Submitted' is stored in the DB - however, if it's...
  14. N

Save As a Copy Button - IF/ELSE on Form - default.php

Hi - I am needing to do an if/else statement to show/hide the 'Save As A Copy' button based on a fields value. I need to do this in the form template - default.php I have tried this - without success: $status=$this->_row->data->bid_system___user_company; if($status===5000){ echo...
  15. N

Form Autofill Plugin

Hi - I have a form with 2 repeat groups. Each of the repeat groups in the form that I want to Autofill FROM - have more than 1 row in both of the repeat groups. When I run the Autofill plugin from the trigger - it copies everything - except it only copies the first row in each of the repeat...
  16. N

Calculating Cost and Totals in forms

So - I have read dozens and dozens of forum posts on this subject - but it is just not clear to me how to properly calculate row totals then the Grand Total (in separate Group) I can successfully use the calc element to get the individual row totals (ie, unit price * quantity) using the code...
  17. N

Possible BUG - Date Element

Fabrik 8.1 (haven't tested on Github yet) Date element will set current date to (now) even with 'Default to current date' = NO and 'Always return today's date' = NO This will only happen when 'Allow typing in field' = No I have my List/Form format = Y-m with Local Time. ---- When I change...
  18. N

Not Empty Validation - CCD - if more =>1 result

I am using a Cascading Dropdown - with the "Please Select" option enabled. I am doing a "not empty" validation: return '{itr_2_428_repeat___request_type_raw}' == 'Add'; This works as expected, however, I do not want this to return true if there are no dropdown values for the CCD. Is there...
  19. N

Calc Element - Repeat Data - Project Milestones

See Attachment (I hope the attachment makes sense): I am using this repeat group to track milestones and forecast start/end dates. Data points: - I have a 'Start Date' on the main form that will be used as the starting point of the calculation for each row. - On each Repeat Row - I need to...
  20. N

Cron Plugin Use Case - Possible?

I have never used the cron fabrik plugin - so I am not very familiar with it...can you let me know if it would work in this use case? I have a form that I would like to check if the "Severity Level" changes from one Severity to the next. I have a calc element that is on the form that is doing...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back