• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. bggann

Legacy support

Folks - I have one site still running Fabrik 3 on Joomla 3.10 - a simple registration form. Getting ready to migrate - but I have to keep it running for a bit during rebuild. But - I need a plugin for it - and I cannot find a source for all the plugins. Is it archived anywhere?
  2. bggann

How to disable browser autocomplete in specific Fabrik Forms

Most browsers automatically remember and fill out a form. The autocomplete=off directive should tell a browser not to do this. I have a form where I don't want it autofilled - I want the user to be forced to fill it out. How can I add that directive in Fabrik? Custom template maybe? Bob
  3. bggann

Bug: jdate 'notempty' validation causing date to roll back to previous day (ajax)

I've got a form with a jdate field - only the date is used Conditions: - jdate field - Default to 'today' (doesn't matter for this case) - No time selector. - Validation "notempty" - Ajax validation on. - Date stored as UTC - Local timezone MST (6 hours off) What happens it: - You open a...
  4. bggann

Old issue back? - Multiple Filters not working in J3.4.4 and Fabrik

I found this old thread that talks about how the "AND/OR" setting on menu pre-filter impacted how list filters are applied in a list - and I'm seeing that in current fabrik http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/multiple-filters-not-working-in-j3-4-4-and-fabrik.42237/#post-213749...
  5. bggann

Icon usage (validation, add/delete in list) usage

Okay - way too many hours into this. When using protostar I get the default icons - such as the "eye" for required fields. I can change that icon on a field by field basis by changing the text in the validation icon field and the names "roughly" correspond to the J3.x standard icons (not all...
  6. bggann

Force Ajax update on database Join at form load.

I have a database join element that is intended to show a list of Counties in a State based on the selection of the state from another dropdown/database join on that form. Table structure "states" - > id, DateTime, state, abbr where state is the full name of the state and abbr is the 2 letter...
  7. bggann

Is there a way to set the "default" access level for new elements

I'm creating a new system where I would like the access level for all elements to be "registered". However, when you create an element, the default access level is "public". I do set access for the groups/lists to registered, but for some reason this bugs me - I don't know if it is a...
  8. bggann

Fabrik on XAMPP with PHP 8.01 - does it work

I'm having very strange behaviour in a configuration that is: - XAMPP (newested version) - PHP 8.01 (installed with XAMPP - Joomla 3.9.24 - Fabrik 3.9.2 ------------ I used akeeba to install a working site from my live server to an XAMPP development server. - When I try to access a Fabrik...
  9. bggann

Using AJAX Update in DatabaseJoin

I'm using a databasejoin field as a Cascading drop down. (I'd use a CCD but the relationship is a many-to-many relationship created by a multiselect dropdown and I can't see any way to do that with CDD. There is no 'list' for the many-to-many relationship, just a table). So - I should be able...
  10. bggann

javascript in form_x.js to enable/disable fields

I'm trying to use a form java script file to enable/disable certain fields based on another. I can use this to hide/show, but I don't like that because it messes with the screen format. But I can't figure out how to set a field to enabled or disabled in form_x.js Here is my code. I get an error...
  11. bggann

Calling functions inside Custom.php helper file

Fabrik has the ability to load a custom helper file - as an alternative to using "require" or "require_once" in calcs. If you put a file called Custom.php in /libraries/fabrik/fabrik/helpers and then call FabrikCustom::doMyThing() in your code Fabrik will look in custom.php for the function...
  12. bggann

Filter User Element to show only Enabled users

I'm using the user plugin on a form rendered as a dropdown and I'd like to limit the users show ONLY those users who are enabled in Joomla. Currently the dropdown shows all users in Joomla, regardless of enabled state. I have 'stale' users - people who are no longer active and I want them to...
  13. bggann

Duplication of records in Database Join used for watch field in Cascading Dropdown

I'm using Database Join and Cascading dropdown to select values from a table based on another field value. A good analog would be having a user pick a state - then pick from a list of cities in the state. The "source" table for both the databasejoin and the cascading dropdown is the same - in...
  14. bggann

Google Maps visualization Data Icon

I"m trying to use the "Data Icon" function in Google Maps visualization. This function should allow me to populate an image field with an image and when run the visualization the icons on the map will be that image. I've created such a field and in the list and form view, the icon is properly...
  15. bggann

Kitchen Sink Install Fails

Trying to install the Kitchen sink package and it fails with an error. Just trying to shortcut having to install all the plugins. Any thoughts?
  16. bggann

SOLVED: Inline Java Script to hide/show elements in repeated group

Reference this thread http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/javascript-inline-code-hide-another-element.47298/ My subscription is messed up so I can't post in pro or standard right now - so I'm here in Community. I'm trying to show/hide elements based on another element value - very...
  17. bggann

Time Element storing "hours" in "seconds"

I'm using the time plugin (field) extensively in my aviation forms - and sometimes (intermittent) it stores the "hours" as "seconds" in the database. This seems to only happen on one form/group/field. This plugin stores time as a string "hh:mm:ss" and in the failed cases it is storing...
  18. bggann

SOLVED: Need to tell if I got to a form via "view" or "edit" - look at the URL? in php?

I have a form that includes a field "complete" which a user sets when they submit the form to indicate the data is "official". Periodically, the submitter may need to update the form, so when they open a "completed" form, they are warned and the "complete" field (in the form, not the database)...
  19. bggann

UNDERSTOOD - Solution pending commit: Validation throwing "[Object] [Object]"

I've got some text fields running php validation to strip leading and trailing spaces and to force capitalization. It is 'php' validate Code in "condition" is return(TRUE); Code to run is: return (trim(strtoupper($data))); Match or replace is set to "Replace" When the issue happens, the...
  20. bggann

SOLVED: Help with Custom/Print Template - arrrgggghhh

Just created a custom template that displays just the "calculations" row from a grouped list. This is a special formatted display for reports to vendors. I do not need to display the group records, just the totals. Got it working in list display. Hit print - and the print is formatted based...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back