Search results

1. Sophist

If you can't post here after paying a subscription...

... please try logging out of the forums and logging in again.
  2. Sophist

Ensuring unique values in repeat group

I am looking to ensure that a field in the repeat group is unique for that parent record. isuniquevalue / areuniquevalues don't do it - and probably shouldn't be expected to because they are intended to work where there is only a single database row to worry about and repeat groups use multiple...
  3. Sophist

Seeking community volunteers...

Dear Community members If, as I do, you recognise the benefit you gain from this free software, and if you have the desire and time available to give something back in return, then why not help Hugh out by making code or Wiki contributions to the Fabrik project. 1. The Wiki is in need of some...
  4. Sophist

Demo site down

Main wiki page refers to http://demo.fabrikar.com/ but this has a white screen. I assume that there are not the resources to maintain this and it has been removed, in which case someone needs to update the wiki page.
  5. Sophist

To B3 or not to B3? That is the question.

Sorry about the punny title, but I couldn't resist. There has been some discussion about Bootstrap3 in this other thread. I have now had a look at how the BS3 grid works and I am seriously considering switching to the B3 based Purity III template because it looks like it would seriously improve...
  6. Sophist

Form module but using Details template

I want to display a user's details in a module but read-only. At the moment the Form module only uses the form template - if user has r/w access to elements they get a saveable form, and if they only have r/o access they get nothing. Implementation options seem to me to be: 1. Create a...
  7. Sophist

Forum CSS suggestion to reduce size of post/reply boxes

Replace: .message .messageContent:after { content: '.'; display: block; height: 0; clear: both; visibility: hidden; } with: .message .messageInfo:after { content: '.'; display: block; height: 0; clear: both; visibility: hidden; }
  8. Sophist

BUG: Field element with Advanced / Disable Element = Yes still attempted update.

I have joined my table to Joomla's users, user_usergroup_map and usergroups tables. When I save the form it tries to update the user_usergroup_map with: UPDATE `j3_user_usergroup_map` SET `group_id`='13' WHERE user_id='456' This is invalid because there are several records with user_id='456'...
  9. Sophist

Fabrik SQL execution is not showing in Joomla Debug Database Queries list

When I turn on Joomla's Debug function, I can see all the SQL that has been execute to create a page. But the Fabrik SQL execution is NOT in that list!!!!!! I believe that you have to issue something like $db->setDebug(JDEBUG) to achieve this. I tried to add this to the HTML helper getDbo...
  10. Sophist

Bug: 'user' element SQL uses incorrect column name

Seems to work in a list but not in a form. The issue is that it should create an SQL column definition like: `j3_users_0`.`Name` AS `me_stats___createdBy`, `me_stats`.`createdBy` AS `me_stats___createdBy_raw`, where `Name` is a field in the joomla users table, but instead it uses the base...
  11. Sophist

Wiki Page List block order wacky

Some time back the Wiki Page List used to put the alphabetic blocks down the page and then start a new column: A D G B E H C F I Now it does: A B C D E F G H I The problem is that the blocks are uneven because e.g. elements and lists have a lot of entries, so it actually looks like this: C...
  12. Sophist

Date field inconsistencies

I have a list with two hidden date fields. Both have "Default to current date" set to YES. createdDate has "Always return todays date" set to NO. updatedDate has "Always return todays date" set to YES. createdDate has time always set to 00:00:00. updatedDate has time set properly. Is this a...
  13. Sophist

Some plugins do not have a download button on the fabrikar website

The following plugins are listed in the download area on the fabrikar web site but do not have a download button (neither "Download" nor "Subscribe to Download"): Admin Form Admin List Admin Visualization Community Builder Facebook Activity Widget Facebook Likebox Widget Facebook...
  14. Sophist

Validation plugins

According to the Wiki there should be the following validation plugins: Akismet Are Unique Values Email Exists Is Alphanumeric Is Email Is Greater or Less Than Is Not Is Numeric Is Unique Value Not empty Open Provider PHP Regular Expression Rsa id Special Characters User Exists On Github there...
  15. Sophist

[Solved] Extending joomla users table using a join

I don't want to add columns to the joomla users table, but I want to store some stats for each user. So I have create a list and done a Right Join on the users table (in order that the list shows every user). That works fine, showing empty rows where the list hasn't got an entry for the user...
  16. Sophist

Enhancement idea: List with multiple groups

When you have a form with multiple non-repeating groups, provide an option on the List to display a group label over the set of columns for each group. At present Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Proposed Group1 Group2 Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Boxes should be drawn around each...
  17. Sophist

Grid editing

I am just starting a new Fabrik project using Joomla's new custom user fields. So I will define some user fields. Then I want to present a grid of input boxes where the columns are the fields and the rows are the users. Obviously some users will not have values for some fields. Then I want to...
  18. Sophist

Please bump this thread

For those users who just love to bump a thread to bring it to the top of the list, here is a thread dedicated to this activity. Please don't let this thread suffer the ignominy of not being top of page 1 of this forum. If you can spare 10 seconds of your time to bump this thread, please help...
  19. Sophist

front-end list / back-end list process differently

When I show my list on the front end I get several errors like this: Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fch_cat___id in/homepages/3/d85014684/htdocs/fairmile/dev/joomla3/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 9455 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fch_cat___id...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back