• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. PaulV888

Issues with the "Enhanced Dropdowns (WIP)"

Hi, Just sharing. I ran into 2 issues with the "Enhanced Dropdowns (WIP)" 1) Field sizing on forms does not work well after the upgrade, this problem was introduced by a conflict with cassiopeia, since it has a lot of .chosen css in it default template files. This is what a form looks like...
  2. PaulV888

Dropdown element does not handle datatype int , and not showing labels.

Nice! Thanks. That works. Yeah, I understand its a corner case, introduced by my old DB and my stubbornness not to allow Fabrik "Alter Field Types" Having a TEXT field as index for a type DropDown is ok and I wouldn't mind converting those. I wouldn't want to do that for dbjoins for...
  3. PaulV888

@troester how about this one, did that make it in?
  4. PaulV888

Joining to view

Sorry for not documenting better. I just wanted to put a feeler out there to see if someone else has the same issue. I did run it down last night and this is what I found. - I do not have a list pointing to that View, I did see that code as well and I tried that. When setting up a list to the...
  5. PaulV888

Joining to view

When joining to a view this message "COM_FABRIK_LIST_JOIN_NO_PK_USED_ID" is shown. However this shows in the front-end now as well. Which it didn't use to do. It there a way to suppress it? Thanks,
  6. PaulV888

End of row not properly set for Repeat row with multi colomns

Yep bootstrap_tabs was my focus. --I did fixes for multicolumn bootstrap form and details templates (pretty hacky "just make it work" ones) some time ago. Maybe your fix is solving the underlying issue... I see that now, that fixed the bootstrap edit view, and probably could have save me a...
  7. PaulV888

End of row not properly set for Repeat row with multi colomns

Hi, I found and issue with the repeat data form/group where a /div was missing and the row and fabrikSubGroups are not properly aligned. I traced it back to groupModel setColumnCss. This function does not set endRow when on the last element, if the last element does not end on the end of the...
  8. PaulV888

Hi, I have numerous dropdowns that are setup with numeric key values and are defined as an INT in the db. These do not show labels anymore after upgrading. Front-end Setup DB Can we fix this by converting the search value in components/com_fabrik/model/elements.php/getLabelForValue to a...
  9. PaulV888

Question on Search

Thanks for confirming Troester, I thought I missed something getting com_search to work. I like the challenge, not sure when I'll get to it but I'll give it a shot.
  10. PaulV888

Question on Search

Anyone know what the status on search is? I cannot get Joomla4 com_search to work, reading that is will be decoupled but nothing on the official extensions. And as far as I know we dont have a smart search plugin for Fabrik?
  11. PaulV888

Issue with old menu items (The requested page can't be found.)

Good questions: Is it working with SEF off? YES : /index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=61&calculations=0&resetfilters=0&Itemid=49 Do you have some (old) .htaccess ? - Not in my dev Joomla4 install - On my J3 install there is one, however removing it restarting Apache J3 still removes...
  12. PaulV888

Issue with old menu items (The requested page can't be found.)

First; Thank you all for keeping Fabrik alive!!! Awesome job. I have been working on my site for a week now, and think I still have to find the first Fabrik issue. I have a bunch of old Fabrik lists menu items, that weren't causing an issue in J3 however create a Page not found, redirect error...
  13. PaulV888

Seeking community volunteers...

That's what I had in mind as a start. We could make references to and from the Wiki for further documentation or to see it in action. I agree with the back-end risk, although I have been on some demo sites where there managed to restrict access on the back-end pretty well. That would be...
  14. PaulV888

how to update column with update list plugin

You could try to craft it yourself with the list-php plugin. http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-list-plugin/
  15. PaulV888

Cannot create new Fabrik Forum account

Hi, I was trying to help someone on StackOverflow and suggested for her to come here. However new forum accounts can currently not be create since Capcha V1 shut down. See attachment. "Hi Paul, are you a member of the fabrik forum? I cannot create an account as their captcha is using V1 nor...
  16. PaulV888

Seeking community volunteers...

If I am not mistaken we do not have a Demo site anymore, and I would be happy to put one back together. 1) How would we want to host this: 1a) I would suggest that I set this up on my own hosting provider and we can cname demo.fabrikar.com to it? 1b) Other option of course is to get access...
  17. PaulV888

Questions on list JavaScript

Hi, I was playing with list JavaScript based on this Wiki the other day and noticed 1) That the added event is fired for all your list on the current page. E.g. I have fabrik_list_1 and fabrik_list_2 on the page and create a list_1.js with a...
  18. PaulV888

Lazy loading for list

They are in articles, I was using the content plugin to display all those tables on a blog post layout. Yeah that would be great to have a lazy load option as a content option. {fabrik lazyload list=....}. However that seems like a rather big change to translate all those options into an ajax URL.
  19. PaulV888

Lazy loading for list

Hi, Did I tell you guys today, that I love Fabrik and its awesome community? Well I do :cool: So over the Easter weekend I was playing with my website to see if I can speed up my main dashboard. Researching http2, caching etc, but figuring out that the most time is spent building my about 10...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back