• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. chris.paschen

Query Prefilter working inconsistantely

If it's just changes to one file, can you send just that file. Then I can test just those changes against the current branch on the live site (I can pretty easily backup and rollback the server if there are problems). That would also allow a live/real-world test of the change as well, and before...
  2. chris.paschen

This is a rather complex site that is a bear to replicate (in a live environment - i.e. anything other than local desktop). I'll try to work on that and let you know IF I can get the replica made and available.
  3. chris.paschen

Also, web techs noted that you must be using "native" password authentication. They also confirmed that your IP address is NOT blocked.
  4. chris.paschen

Everything looks good from the server site - we see that you have tried to connect and were refused. Can you make sure that SSL is NOT enabled. (There is no block on any IP address at this time)
  5. chris.paschen

I've added the appropriate info to the MySites for MySQL. These settings are tested with MySQL Workbench and should work for others.
  6. chris.paschen

OK ... found the My Sites update page and added the site info (cmdnet). Site is backed up. The list with the issue is either: CMD-CIYMS-Classes-DISPLAY-MasterList - the original list that was having the problem CMD-CIYMS-Classes-DISPLAY-MasterList2 - the 2nd copy of the list created for...
  7. chris.paschen

I've added that to my config. (I think I did - I couldn't find anything labeled "My Sites" here)
  8. chris.paschen

Subscription renewed ... waiting for activation

Just an update ... CB has been adding a TON of new (and some very complex) features - even some that do similar things to Fabric (although not quite as 'thoroughly' as fabrik). And if you pay their developer annual support you get all of those included. And they tend to do one big 'package' with...
  9. chris.paschen

I've got a rather unique configuration (although I would think common for anyone pushing Fabrik just a bit). 3 Tables related to location and events at those locations (along with a contact person link to a table of people) * locations (primary data source in the table) * classes (join) *...
  10. chris.paschen

(Sorry for not responding sooner ... I've been out due to a death in the family) Just an FYI .. I am NOT AT ALL questioning the value of your assistance. You have provided GREAT support; however, in comparison to other extensions that are similarly complexe (ie. Community Builder), the 'real'...
  11. chris.paschen

Per your note in the other item in the Professional form I've updated my subscription. Sorry for not doing that before. HOWEVER, for some reason I didn't carefully look at the subscription rates before. I though that Professional was 60euro/YEAR not Month. At the rates you list it would cost me...
  12. chris.paschen

Fabrik main wiki/forum links not working?

It wasn't a huge issue for me ... just strange nobody else (that I saw) reported it ... although maybe they were trying but didn't know how to get there directly. I had a good nights sleep so it didn't bother me. I hope you have a better one tonight (and no more of these pesky server issues!)...
  13. chris.paschen

Fabrik main wiki/forum links not working?

For most of the day today, when I try to access the forum or wiki from the main fabrikar.com page (using the FORUM link - fabrikar.com/forums/) I'm getting the following error: I get similar errors when trying to access the wiki. However, if I type the url directly (fabrikar.com/forums) I AM...
  14. chris.paschen

Unrecognized expression in label causing admin submenu to hide

Yes, that resolved the issue. Thanks!
  15. chris.paschen

Different WHERE for database join for front-end/admin?

Well, we're still only at under 100, so we can live with this for a while. Thanks for the help with the math! :-)
  16. chris.paschen

OK ... we can live with miliseconds for now; however, at some point this database join might involve lots of records (potentially thousands), but we'll revisit this when that time comes. The Eval should be fine for now. Thanks.
  17. chris.paschen

Unrecognized expression in label causing admin submenu to hide

I've got a complex form that we have built over the past few months with several repeating groups, quite a bit of javascript actions and just a lot of 'complexity'. Everything was working on the front-end and we tried to open on the admin and we get some strange happenings. The main thing is...
  18. chris.paschen

Just curious ... would the way you add the functionality (at the element level) be at all faster (less processing time) than me doing it with an Eval bit of code? If there's no specific reason to change it (other than ease), it might be better if I just add a sample of my code to the wiki (it...
  19. chris.paschen

FYI ... I did manage to get this to work by using an Eval option code snippet that uses $user->authorise to check to see if the current user is an admin and then manually filter the list there and only return the appropriate ones.
  20. chris.paschen

We've got a database join element on a form. We have a joins where of: WHERE {thistable}.user_id = {$my->id} AND {thistable}.state = 1 This works perfectly in the front-end. The users can only select options from the lookup table that matches their user id. However, we need to have...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back