• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. chris.paschen

Query Prefilter working inconsistantely

I've got a rather unique configuration (although I would think common for anyone pushing Fabrik just a bit). 3 Tables related to location and events at those locations (along with a contact person link to a table of people) * locations (primary data source in the table) * classes (join) *...
  2. chris.paschen

Subscription renewed ... waiting for activation

Per your note in the other item in the Professional form I've updated my subscription. Sorry for not doing that before. HOWEVER, for some reason I didn't carefully look at the subscription rates before. I though that Professional was 60euro/YEAR not Month. At the rates you list it would cost me...
  3. chris.paschen

Fabrik main wiki/forum links not working?

For most of the day today, when I try to access the forum or wiki from the main fabrikar.com page (using the FORUM link - fabrikar.com/forums/) I'm getting the following error: I get similar errors when trying to access the wiki. However, if I type the url directly (fabrikar.com/forums) I AM...
  4. chris.paschen

Unrecognized expression in label causing admin submenu to hide

I've got a complex form that we have built over the past few months with several repeating groups, quite a bit of javascript actions and just a lot of 'complexity'. Everything was working on the front-end and we tried to open on the admin and we get some strange happenings. The main thing is...
  5. chris.paschen

Different WHERE for database join for front-end/admin?

We've got a database join element on a form. We have a joins where of: WHERE {thistable}.user_id = {$my->id} AND {thistable}.state = 1 This works perfectly in the front-end. The users can only select options from the lookup table that matches their user id. However, we need to have...
  6. chris.paschen

keeping field contents out of page source

I am creating a custom Details View layout for a form (only used for display purposes). I have a 3 elements: * display_method * code_name * real_name The elements are just fields and are all 'hidden'. In the view I am checking to see what 'display_method' is set. Based on that I display the...
  7. chris.paschen

Validation notEmpty doesn't work on Rating element

I've got several rating elements on a page (no repeat groups or anything - just a simple form); however, the Validations | notempty doesn't appear to have any effect on the element. The form can be submitted without any rating being entered. Also, there isn't any validation (required) icon...
  8. chris.paschen

Translate the Submission Message on form redirect?

Is there any way to use a jText string to translate the contents of the Submission message for a form redirect? I couldn't find anything in the WIKI or searching the form. And I've tried several different syntax and nothing seems to allow me to translate.
  9. chris.paschen

update values in repeating group elements based on other repeating group previous and new values

I have a repeating group where I need to change the value of several elements (setting a date field to the current or future date) based on the previous and current values of certain fields within the same repeating group item. So basically: if $newStatus is X and $origStatus is Y set the date...
  10. chris.paschen

Problem updating a date field

I have an element that is of the type "date". I need to manually push the current date to this field is a piece of code on a form plugin. The PHP code is running onBeforeProcess (although I've tried onBeforeStore also with similar results) The code that I'm running is: $now = new DateTime()...
  11. chris.paschen

show/hide element based on external table data

I have an element on a form that needs to be shown or hidden at the time of form load based upon data in a couple different external tables. What I did: Created an element on the form - can_review On the form - plugin: php - onBeforeLoad this gets the necessary data and sets the value in...
  12. chris.paschen

file upload validation clears database join multi-select

We have several groups on the form. One group has 3 database joins rendered as Multi select dropdown. Another group has fileuploads (several), each with a different file type restriction (epub, mobi, pdf, etc.) If a user first goes to the drop-downs and selects some options there then goes to...
  13. chris.paschen

Form Email Plugin on specific item data in repeating group

Sounds complicated, but I just need to send an email IF one field in a record (or multiple records) in a repeating group on the form has a certain value. Is there some syntax that I can use for the Condition of the form email plugin that will allow it to only be sent when there is one of the...
  14. chris.paschen

Proper syntax for 'Single yes where' for Yes/No element?

I've tried to figure out exactly how to use the 'Single yes where' but can't figure it out. The tip says: Specific use-case: I have master (one) table of: ked_books_books With a primary field of: id I have a child(many) repeating table of: ked_books_books_39_repeat With a field that...
  15. chris.paschen

how to track SQL syntax error with SEO

We have built a rather complex fabrik form, with several tabs and lots of forms (and some repeating related tables). We've got some redirects on the form as well. And using SEO URLs and links. We made a couple of changes to the related tables and now we are getting the following error: We've...
  16. chris.paschen

Simple example of modifying form data?

I've reviewed the wiki article about PHP plugins for forms: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-form-plugin/ And I've also searched and reviewed a lot of other forum posts. I've also spent significant time testing various different syntax to get and save data, as well as trying to do...
  17. chris.paschen

onLoad only when NOT loaded from self?

I have a custom PHP script that is running when the form is saved (onAfterProcess). I also have a custom PHP script that needs to run onLoad. However, I don't want to run the onLoad script IF the page is reloading itself (i.e. if the onAfterProcess has just run and returned to the same form)...
  18. chris.paschen

Run redirect AFTER onAfterProcess

I've got a bunch of 'stuff' that I am doing in a PHP file plugin called from the form onAfterProcess. One of the things that this does is to manually (via a database update query) updates a 'profile_complete_status' field. When a user clicks the save button I would really like them to be...
  19. chris.paschen

Manual test of uploaded file size - size not returned

Due to several different reasons (way too complex to explain) we need to manually review the uploads to several file upload elements. One of the things that we need to check is to make sure the file size being upload is not over a certain limit. I'm calling the following code within a function...
  20. chris.paschen

stray addElementFX causing problem

I had a group (repeatable) on a form, but then decided to remove it (and just have a single instance of the fields that were on that repeatable group). I copied all the elements from that repeat group to a new (non-repeating) group and in the process I'm getting an error when the form loads...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back