• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. talkinggoat

Visualization and Zoom Level Anomaly

That's what I thought, too. I think it's also a combination of permissions. This is supposed to be a public map, but when I created the visualization, the permissions were set for internal, to debug. I never set the visualization's pre-filter permissions to public. When I did that, the map only...
  2. talkinggoat

Visualization and Zoom Level Anomaly

For some reason, some of the points on my maps show incorrectly, at different zoom levels, in Google, for the visualization plugin. For instance, one point at zoom level 8 shows up as a sandbag distribution location, but at zoom level 18, shows up (correctly) as a shelter. I have tried...
  3. talkinggoat

Groups Inside List Joins

@troester you're a God damn genius. I don't care what @cheesegrits says about you! :p
  4. talkinggoat

Groups Inside List Joins

@troester , I was afraid you were going to say that, too! :) I am using bootstrap. Are there tutorials on how to write custom templates? I thought about doing it through CSS, but I am not sure how to, without modifying the default template and creating a custom one, just for this form. The...
  5. talkinggoat

Groups Inside List Joins

I thought you were going to say that. :) What do you recommend, if I need to perform actions, such as formatting, on a group of elements?
  6. talkinggoat

Groups Inside List Joins

Is it possible to preserve or re-create the groups from another list's form, when using a list join? I need to instill some formatting in one of the groups, but I can't quite figure out how to do that with Fabrik, without using some custom JS or something, since the Element's rows don't have...
  7. talkinggoat

Can't Remove Form from Group & Element Drop-Down

I had to manually delete the entry from the fabrik_forms table in MySQL. It was the only entry in the fabrik_forms table.
  8. talkinggoat

Can't Remove Form from Group & Element Drop-Down

I created a test site that has a fresh install of Joomla and the Github versions of Fabrik. In Fabrik, I created a couple lists, forms, groups and elements. One of the forms, although deleted, refuses to go away, when I click on the form dropdown, for either groups or elements. In fact, I've...
  9. talkinggoat

Fabrik JS Error on Save, Cancel etc...

I just did another clean install of Joomla 3.9.8 and installed pkg_fabrik_3.9 and it works... I don't know what happened to cause the error. Reinstalling Joomla, Fabrik base and Fabrik Github fixed the issue.
  10. talkinggoat

Works in Joomla 3.9.7...
  11. talkinggoat

Did a fresh install on Joomla 3.8.13 and it works, but this is an outdated version, of course. I'll try Joomla 3.9.7 and see what happens.
  12. talkinggoat

@startpoint System > Clear Cache > Delete All & System > Clear Expired Cache > Clear Expired Cache. Same thing. None of the command buttons work anywhere in Fabrik. They don't work in the lists, forms, groups or elements. I can click the new button, but the Save, etc. doesn't work.
  13. talkinggoat

I just installed Fabrik on a clean Joomla install, then updated using the Github version. When I try to create a list, none of the command buttons work: Save, Save & Close, Save & New, Cancel. I get this error in the browser's console. Uncaught ReferenceError: requirejs is not defined at...
  14. talkinggoat

databasejoin Element in Repeating Group

Update: Update: I did a little more digging and found that /media/jui/js/chosen.js.min is not loaded in Protostar. /media/com_fabrik/js/dist/element.js and /media/com_fabrik/js/dist/chosen-loader.js are the only two JS/Jquery files that are loaded, which contain "chzn" The rest of the files are...
  15. talkinggoat

Update: It looks like there is something gong on with the JS/Jquery. This works when I set it up on the Protostar template, but not our Monster template... but there are no JS errors. The chzn (chosen loader) onclick elements aren't getting assigned. The data is there, but the JS is not working...
  16. talkinggoat

I am creating a library for our nonprofit, so that people can check out literature and we can know who has what. I have everything created, except the log that keeps track of who has checked out an item, the date, condition and notes. The group has a databasejoin dropdown that accesses...
  17. talkinggoat

Add meta Property to Head from Fabrik Element?

Thank you. I set this to OnLoad in the Form's plugin section as PHP and it works wonderfully. $metaImage = $formModel->data["job_types___volunteer_application_image"]; //Gets the HTML for the image. $metaDesc = $formModel->data["job_types___position_description"]; //Gets description...
  18. talkinggoat

Add meta Property to Head from Fabrik Element?

I need to add a meta og:image property for facebook into the head of a page. Is it even possible to add elements to the head of a document from a Fabrik element or what is the best way? I can write it in Javascript, but it does no good, because Facebook scrapes the page before the JS has run...
  19. talkinggoat

Function in JS' Element

Background: I am trying to create a button in an element that copies the text of the element to the clipboard. I have created the button, successfully. Problem: I can't access the function that copies the text of the element to the clipboard. Am I doing something wrong? HTML: <div...
  20. talkinggoat

Get the Form Number and Record ID, Javascript

I don't know if this solution will hold up, but it's predicated on the possibility that the first sub object of "blocks" will always be in the [0] or the first position. Object.values(Fabrik.blocks)[0].elements.get('job_types___id').get('value'); This will return the ID number for this...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back