Search results

1. talkinggoat

Visualization and Zoom Level Anomaly

For some reason, some of the points on my maps show incorrectly, at different zoom levels, in Google, for the visualization plugin. For instance, one point at zoom level 8 shows up as a sandbag distribution location, but at zoom level 18, shows up (correctly) as a shelter. I have tried...
  2. talkinggoat

Groups Inside List Joins

Is it possible to preserve or re-create the groups from another list's form, when using a list join? I need to instill some formatting in one of the groups, but I can't quite figure out how to do that with Fabrik, without using some custom JS or something, since the Element's rows don't have...
  3. talkinggoat

Can't Remove Form from Group & Element Drop-Down

I created a test site that has a fresh install of Joomla and the Github versions of Fabrik. In Fabrik, I created a couple lists, forms, groups and elements. One of the forms, although deleted, refuses to go away, when I click on the form dropdown, for either groups or elements. In fact, I've...
  4. talkinggoat

Fabrik JS Error on Save, Cancel etc...

I just installed Fabrik on a clean Joomla install, then updated using the Github version. When I try to create a list, none of the command buttons work: Save, Save & Close, Save & New, Cancel. I get this error in the browser's console. Uncaught ReferenceError: requirejs is not defined at...
  5. talkinggoat

databasejoin Element in Repeating Group

I am creating a library for our nonprofit, so that people can check out literature and we can know who has what. I have everything created, except the log that keeps track of who has checked out an item, the date, condition and notes. The group has a databasejoin dropdown that accesses...
  6. talkinggoat

Add meta Property to Head from Fabrik Element?

I need to add a meta og:image property for facebook into the head of a page. Is it even possible to add elements to the head of a document from a Fabrik element or what is the best way? I can write it in Javascript, but it does no good, because Facebook scrapes the page before the JS has run...
  7. talkinggoat

Function in JS' Element

Background: I am trying to create a button in an element that copies the text of the element to the clipboard. I have created the button, successfully. Problem: I can't access the function that copies the text of the element to the clipboard. Am I doing something wrong? HTML: <div...
  8. talkinggoat

Get the Form Number and Record ID, Javascript

I have created a button that will pass the ID# through the URL, then autofill a field in the form, but I need to get some information from Fabrik. From the details page of a record, I can see the form number and record ID in the URL as index.php/49/2 where 49 is the form, 2 is the record's...
  9. talkinggoat

List Only Shows one Line

I suddenly have a strange issue with Fabrik, I can't seem to figure out. I have a joined list that suddenly only shows one line of data. I can search the list an it will show the first result of what I search for, but only one line. I have cleared the filters and the search. I don't even know...
  10. talkinggoat

Auto-Filled Field Hidden in Front End Only

Maybe I'm missing something, here. I am trying to make a form auto fill in the frond-end. I can do that. The problem I'm having is, I don't want the field to be visible to the front end users, or the public. When the form is submitted, I need it to pass information to the list, but I can't do...
  11. talkinggoat

Grabbing parameter from URL

Grab a parameter from the URL to populate a field: (I used a form element, but you could probably use Calc) Using the HREF - https://www.example.com/index.php?ref=123&bat=456&cat=789 In the "Default" box, enter this PHP code. $name = htmlspecialchars($_GET["ref"]); return $name; $name is...
  12. talkinggoat

Issue Hiding "Empty" Group that's Joined

I have a list left-joined into my main list, with only one group and 4 elements. None of the elements are visible to the public, but the group's name continues to appear, with nothing in it. The group's permissions are public. I have tried setting "Show in form/details" to "Hide if no usable...
  13. talkinggoat

Running PHP Form Script on Joined Data?

If I have a small table that is left joined into a main table, would it be possible to run a PHP form script on the joined data using placeholders? I just read a WIKI about having to query the database, directly, if accessing another list, but does this still apply, since it's joined? Thank...
  14. talkinggoat

Button and JS, Copy Field to Clipboard

I needed a way to copy a field to the clipboard, using a button, so here is how I did it... Use the button element plugin to create a button. Call it whatever you want. In the JavaScript of the button, create a new script. Set the event to Click. Here is the code: var copyText =...
  15. talkinggoat

Calc Field Not Saving

I am trying to generate a randomish string, using php and clac, that is appended to the root URL, making a unique link. The calc element is called volunteer_unique_home_url, so it is running the php on itself. The php should check to see if the field is empty. If it's empty, it generates a...
  16. talkinggoat

Filter List Using Drop down and "All"

I am trying to filter a list using an element that is a drop down. In the form, the user has to choose from 8 options and I want to have the ability to filter those options. I chose a drop down filter, since there aren't many. the problem is, the filter doesn't give the option, "All", like some...
  17. talkinggoat

Fabrik Throwing Error on Search

When I perform a search on a list, I get this error and it persists, even if I try to leave and go back to the page. Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Contacts: <br /> Fabrik 3.8.1 Joomla 3.8.12
  18. talkinggoat

Generate Unique URL

I am trying to make a field that will use php to generate a unique URL... but I have to search the list/table it's stored in, to make sure the URL does not exist, before the data is generated. I'd rather do it before, than use validation and tell the person that something went wrong. To...
  19. talkinggoat

Registration Form Duplicating User During Signup

I have a custom registration form that I've used a join to pull data to and from the main Joomla #_users table. It does a perfect job of pulling data into the list. That part works. The issue I'm having is when I try to map the form's elements to the keys, using the juser plugin and submit the...
  20. talkinggoat

Form to Update #_user_profiles

I have built an advanced user registration form that includes addresses and I want the address information to show up in the Joomla back-end. The issue is, the table that contains all the "user profile" information, (named user_profiles) such as Address, City, State, etc, just has all that...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back