Search results

1. H

database has become really slow

A view can not be used to insert data. There is much to find online how to create a view. SQL code is easy to learn and more simple than PHP. You can even do calculations in a view instead of doing that in a calc. You use a view in fabrik like a normal table, so you can create a list and select...
  2. H

database has become really slow

Probably there are many queries in your fabrik that makes the communication with the database slow. Consider to create one or more (nested) views in the database instead. A view is a query, written in SQL, that resides and runs on the database and is always more efficient and a lot faster than a...
  3. H

JDate Element NULLs out in database when saved from an edit form if read only.

PlgFabrik_ElementList was comment-out. Do we know why? As the date plugin also extends from PlgFabrik_ElementList, jdate should probably be also. However jdate does not call anything in PlgFabrik_ElementList. PlgFabrik_ElementList extends from PlgFabrik_Element One more thing to check...
  4. H

Joomla / Fabrik not taking on the db collation by default

Google is your friend, see https://sebhastian.com/mysql-incorrect-string-value/
  5. H

J4 method to get user info

You may be surprised, Joomla finally wrote some documentation. More info here: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Developing_an_MVC_Component/Upgrading_to_Joomla4#Extension
  6. H

update_col list plugin and PHP8

@BasilC : Try the following. In plugin settings ->tab-update->update select a column and a value. This will be the 'preset'. I think the 'preset' must be set. If not the parameter 'update_col_updates' will be NULL, causing this issue in PHP8. Since you set 'Allow user selection' = yes, the...
  7. H

Disable frontend settings for csv import

You can also comment-out fields in ..\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\forms\import.xml But the file will be overwritten after an update (or you make it read-only) Works perfect for me.
  8. H

PHP form plugin error

@troester Ah, that works great now, thanks!
  9. H

PHP form plugin error

Thank troester that looks like a smart idea. I tried, but I can't get it to work. It behaves the same as if I set save and next = yes (but I set that to no) Also tried to add return true and return flase. if ($a !== $b) { echo "Error"; return false; }else{ return true; } I have to current page...
  10. H

PHP form plugin error

@troester: Yes, I have an ajaxfied form, so it's clear that the message is not shown. I understand now. I think there is no way I can use the php form plugin for what I want to do. I will use the code in the list intro (using sourcerer) to do that. Only that will not show up right after the form...
  11. H

PHP form plugin error

@juuser: After using JFactory::getApplication()->enqueueMessage('Your Error Message', 'error'); I don't get the SyntaxError anymore. But now I don't get ANY message even if I change if ($a != $b) into if ($a == $b) . So the error message is lost in space or the onAfterProcess does not run??
  12. H

PHP form plugin error

Well, I dont't want the form submission to stop. The submission should complete and store in db. But AFTER that I want to check the db and generate a error message. So my guess would be to use onAfterProcess in this case. In fact the second db is a view where, after submission of this form, a...
  13. H

PHP form plugin error

I use the PHP form plugin and I want to compare the # records in two tables before form submission and display an error text. The user has to redo the input field(s) to prevent the error. I set the plug-in to run 'onAfterProcess' with this code $db = JFactory::getDbo(); $query...
  14. H

Confirmation plugin

Yes, but that does not work with ajax. So it's not much use for me. Is there any way to make it work with ajax as well??
  15. H

Confirmation plugin

Just tried the confirmation form plugin, but nothing happens. I expect a page to ask for confirmation, but there is no page and data is saved. Do I need to do something more/else?
  16. H

jdate form format issue

I could fix it with a calc for my case. I use an array with month names to translate.
  17. H

jdate form format issue

Sure I did set "Always return today's date" to "No". F shows the month in site's language, but changes to the current month. I did some more tests and discovered that both date and jdate have the same issue. The only difference is that jdate changes to the current month on form load and date...
  18. H

jdate form format issue

I tried to use a calc to display the month in the local language (dutch). I used setlocale to change language, but that does not work. Then I decided to use a jdate element instead. However if I set the form format to F (for month display), on the form the month will always change to the current...
  19. H

Advanced search - problems with decimals

My guess: If you use a float, then your value is not 66.66, but 66.6599999999999999 So if you will not be able to find 66.6600000000000000 The FLOAT and DOUBLE types represent approximate numeric data values.
  20. H

save a form and it changes other records to be the same

Alternative ways to do this (in a nutshell): 1. Create another table where you set the group status. 2. Assign users to be a member of a group 3. Join the newly created group tabel with the current table Or you can use a database trigger to update records.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back