• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. aijosh

Solved One Problem (Fabrik): Maintenance: Database

Hello, I upgraded J!3/Fabrik3 to J!4/Fabrik4. I'm getting this error message on the Maintenance: Database page. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''#__fabrik_ratings WHERE field = 'listid'...
  2. aijosh

List displaying Value instead of Label

Hello, I have a form (FORM A) which has a dropdown element that is generated using the Advance Eval populate PHP code. Value and Labels are taken from another table (LIST B) with it (id) set as the dropdown Value and (elementx) set as the dropdown Label. ISSUE: When LIST A is viewed. Some of...
  3. aijosh

List buttons not working

Hello, Has anyone been able to find a fix for getting Fabrik to work in bootstrap? I already tried the fixes here ( https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts ) but all the controls of my fabrik lists still do not work. Users cannot export CSV, sort the list, toggle columns e.t.c...
  4. aijosh

How to set value of dropdown on form load

Hello, I have a user element dropdown on a form and want to set the value but nothing seems to be working. I have used $formModel->data['table___userid'] = '971'; 971 is the value of the selection when I inspect the html code. How do I get the user element to change value to what I have...
  5. aijosh

FileUpload no more working

Hello, The fileupload element has stopped working. I get a "Error. Unable to upload file." message. The only thing that has changed so far was that there were Joomla updates. I'm currently on Joomla! 3.9.21 Fabrik 3.9.2 Using AJAX Upload Please how can this be resolved?
  6. aijosh

File extension error if upload chunk size is set

Files cannot be uploaded it chunk size is set. Test: Set any number in the chunk size for ajax upload Try uploading a file Result: The files upload to 100% then throws a "File extension error" and deletes the uploaded file. Please help resolve. Thanks
  7. aijosh

BUG: File extension error with Chunk Size set

Hello, I am not able to complete an upload when the chunk size is set for Ajax upload. The files upload to 100% then throws a "File extension error" then removes the file from the element. Please help resolve. Thanks
  8. aijosh

Multipage Form wouldn't work except on Menu Item Root

Hello, I setup a multi-page form on www.example.com/pages/form. Clicking the Next button to navigate to the next page of the form just displays the spinner and Validating. It gets stuck there forever. On inspecting the code I can see fabrik is trying to visit...
  9. aijosh

What am I doing wrong?

Created a fileupload element. It uses ajax upload and I set the "Use Download Script" to Both. After thoroughly testing and setting up the element with everything working ok (Including clicking the download button) I decided to duplicate it for the other 3 upload fields of the form. So now I...
  10. aijosh

AJAX Upload: How to Override "File extenstion error"

Is there a way to override this message? It seems to be the only useable way to inform the users that they are trying to upload a wrong extension. I already included a detailed explanation in the error message and tip field of the validation plugin but most people dont know to mouse over in...
  11. aijosh

Uploads always stuck 1/4 way on FileUpload Element.

Hello, I've been struggling with this for a while now and I have to come here to ask for help cos I cant find a solution for it and the website is already live with people unable to upload their files. I am using the AJAX upload on the fileupload element. All small files upload (from my test...
  12. aijosh

Diable Caching for Content Plugin Forms

Hello, The submit button of all content plugin forms stops working when I enable Joomla Caching. (Also number 1 shows below all the forms) How do I get them to work? (And remove the "1") Thanks
  13. aijosh

[solved] ISSUE: Custom Edit URL working correctly

Hello, Want to report an issue with using the custom edit url while also displaying same list's module on the edit page. I have a list module with a users record where he/she can click any of the records to edit but.. I had to dump using it because of this (..and a stupid, record not found...
  14. aijosh

BUG: usekey selecting column from a different list

There is a bug in the content plugin. Following the instructions here http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/content-plugin/#searching-for-form-records-to-edit {fabrik view=form id=1 usekey=user rowid=62} I was trying to load a form. If I use, usekey=columnname Fabrik tries to load a...
  15. aijosh

[solved] Add SEF slug to custom detail url

Hello, I have a list that is associated with a page but I want the detail view to be associated with another page so I created a custom detail url index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=30&rowid={table___id}&Itemid=111 The issue I'm having is I cant figure out a way to add the sef...
  16. aijosh

Extended Search All not working

I get an error stating Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list the column doesn't exist in the where clause. Regular search all works ok. This list had joins so to be sure I tested the extended search on other lists without joins and its the same result. Is there something I'm...
  17. aijosh

[solved] Add SEF slug to custom detail url

Hello, I have a list that is associated with a page but I want the detail view to be associated with another page so I created a custom detail url index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=30&rowid={table___id}&Itemid=111 The issue I'm having is I cant figure out a way to add the sef...
  18. aijosh

How to solve the Invalid Token issue for search forms

Hello, I switched on Joomla cache and I'm now getting an Invalid Token page when I use the search form. This only happens for visitors not logged in.
  19. aijosh

How to display thumbnail in list view

Hello, How does the fileupload decide on which version of the image to display? I have a list where it displays the thumbnail but also another list where it displays the cropped version. I need it to also display the thumbnail in the second list
  20. aijosh

Calc element wont work in modal

I'm loading a form in a modal box. The form is a different page entirely and in order to load it on a blank template without modules, I use <a class="modal btn btn-primary" href="page?tmpl=component">Begin</a> Every other element works fine and the form submits ok. Just the calc doesn't work...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back