Search results

1. S

Search form to filter 4 lists - any alternatives to URL filtering?

I'm trying to filter four lists using one search form but the "traditional" way of using a content plugin in an article with URL filtering is not working consistently for me, despite several days of trying and lots of help from luminaries in this forum. So I'm looking for an alternative. In...
  2. S

Search form to filter multiple lists

Hi I'm trying to filter multiple lists using a single search form. I found this old forum thread which I've followed but it's not working correctly: https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/display-and-filter-multiple-lists-simultaneously-in-a-single-page.36058/ The search form is a...
  3. S

Error with an eval'd field: parameter $new is deprecated... (F4.0 J5.0.2)

Firstly, a very big THANK YOU for all your hard work in getting to the release version of Fabrik 4.0. Amazing work and really really appreciated by so many of us. I have a test site which I have just updated from F4.0delta J4.3.2 to F4.0 (Official release) J4.4.2 which seemed to work fine...
  4. S

Databasejoin element "Add option in front end" causing problems

Joomla 4.3.2 Fabrik 4 delta PHP 8.1.21 I've updated a site from J3/F3 to the above and I'm having problems with the "add option in front end" in a databasejoin element. I have a repeating group with two fields: a dropdown and a databasejoin element. The databasejoin renders as a dropdown to...
  5. S

Fabrik Visualization - Slideshow [RESOLVED]

Hi Joomla 4.3.2 Fabrik 4.0delta PHP 8.1.18 I've updated a test site from J3/F3 to the above (following all the instructions from @troester) and a previously-working Fabrik visualization slideshow is now not working (just about everything else is working ok). The plugin version I've got...
  6. S

Weird behaviour of some databasejoin elements in back end

I'm testing an app upgraded from J3F3 to J4F4 in a staging site. Joomla 4.2.9 Fabrik 4G3 PHP8.1.18 Debug is off Some of my databasejoin CHILD elements are exhibiting strange behaviour in the administrator site: if I click on the element name to open it, there is no reference to the original...
  7. S

Form php plugin causes "0 Class "Factory" not found" error

I've updated a J3 F3 PHP7 installation to J4.2.9 F4.0gamma3 PHP8.1 following the "Upgrading from Fabrik3.10 to Fabrik4" instructions. In general it's working but there are some problems. I've got a problem with (I believe) a php form plugin which is throwing an error: 0 Class "Factory" not...
  8. S

Fabrik form - upsert plugin missing from F4

First of all, I'm a little late to this joyous party, but thanks so much for all the hard work that's gone into creating Fabrik 4 so far. I followed the excellent instructions to update J3.10 to J4.2.9 and installed Fabrik 4.0gamma3 and all has gone well so far. One slight issue: there doesn't...
  9. S

[SOLVED] Popup error message on front end

I'm a bit baffled... I have an app I built last year which was working perfectly well. Now I'm attempting to create a new record which uses (amongst other things) two databasejoins. The first works ok but when I try to select from the second DBJ I get a popup error message at the top of the...
  10. S

[SOLVED] Fabrik is creating rowid with '0' value

I have a list with several groups, many of which are repeatable. All was working well, but recently I've been unable to update any existing records with new data and I'm getting the error message: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'. On investigating the database, I can see that in one of...
  11. S

How to prevent databasejoin element updating existing records

I have a simple Fabrik list (called "People") with only First Name and Last Name (field) elements. This list is used by other lists to pull in these names using databasejoin elements. (My app is to record historical details of theatre productions, so the other lists will typically be cast lists...
  12. S

[SOLVED] Organising file uploads

I have a list with a couple of file upload elements. One is for a single image, so does not use Ajax, and the other is for displaying multiple images in a slideshow, so Ajax is enabled. Faced with potentially hundreds of images, I've been looking for a way to organise them into separate folders...
  13. S

[SOLVED] JavaScript to conditionally change element style

I have a radiobutton element with two values, 0 and 1 (Labels of "Nomination" and "Winner" respectively). If the element value is 1, I would like to display the label "Winner" font in red and bold on the Details page (if it's displayed in red/bold on the form too, that's OK). I should add that...
  14. S

[SOLVED] Navigate from Detail page directly to another Detail page?

I have a list for users to select records which display in Detail view. If they want to view another record, they must use the menu to go back to the list and select again. For a better user experience, I would like users to be able to navigate to the list from within the Detail view. I don't...
  15. S

[SOLVED] Hide repeat group if empty

I have a list with several repeat groups and I'm using a custom template to display the Details view. If any of the groups are empty (i.e. no data entered), I need them to be hidden. However, the Group label is still displayed (along with the table header for one column!). I found a possible...
  16. S

Filtering difficulties with repeating groups

I'm building an app to record and display amateur theatre productions. I need to record basic details of every production - title, dates, artwork, synopsis - as well as people data such as cast and crew. It's a bit like a mini IMdB. Data is entered on the form, a list displays the productions...
  17. S

Force user to click Save?

Is there any way to force a user to click the Save button once they have opened a form? Here's my situation: I have a list with a dropdown containing all the official roles in my organisation, plus a usergroup field so that each role has a specific usergroup. Once usergroups are assigned to...
  18. S

Ajaxify YES in list causes Admin Tools to block [SOLVED]

While testing my fledgling app on a live site, I discovered that one of the list filters was not working (spinning loader) and in fact triggered a security exception from Akeeba Admin Tools which, if I didn't navigate away quickly, caused Admin Tools to block my site. The security exception...
  19. S

custom_css.php not working

I have built a working membership app in my Fabrik test site which includes a custom_css.php file to make some cosmetic changes to various lists. This works fine. But when I re-created the app in a live site, the custom_css.php file which I copied makes no changes to the site. The rest of the...
  20. S

Massive error log! [SOLVED]

I recently discovered that the error_log file in my Fabrik test site is 868MB!! The site works fine, though. The log starts on the day I installed the test site and there appear to be a couple of hundred entries for every day, at all hours. They are almost all either "PHP Deprecated" or "PHP...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back