Add Custom Icon Next List?

dough

In a list, there are the regular icons next to each item. (edit, detail etc) Is it possible to add a custom icon to a list, that opens a form, with a field prepolated with an element from the record.

I can see that it is possible to edit the list template, but is this outside the scope of the template edit?

You can use the 'link' list plugin.

This lets you provide a button, which opens a link. You can use element placeholders, and you can optionally designate it as a "Fabrik" link, meaning if AJAXified links are enabled, we'll open it in one of our popups.

-- hugh

Worked great. I added the cart icon next to the item on the list with a link to ordering.

I couldn't find a way to use the data from the list record to prepopulate the form using that plugin, but that may not be possible.

It should work. So if your target form has an element 'targetform___foo', which gets data from 'thisform___foo' ...

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=123&targetform___foo={thisform___foo}

... should do it. Just use placeholders for the "from" data, and the full element names on the "to" form to assign the value to.

-- hugh

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back