Add Existing Users or Non-registered names from form

arcadeicons

I'm creating an invitation style module.

I'm using a DatabaseJoin field to Auto-Complete guest names from registered 'names' , but I'd like that field to also be able to enter Non-registered names and have them post a default ID, so event managers can simply add people's names manually for that single event.

Also I'd like the event managers to be able to add as many Guests as they want to the form before submitting the changes.

I've been searching the forums but I'm not sure what verbiage to use for these functions.

I can't believe how insanely powerful Fabrik is, I'm just loving this platform!

Joel

Nope, there isn't a way to do that within an auto-complete join. Even though it's a text field you can type in, it's still a join element, and all you can do is submit a value that exists in the joined table.

You could probably do it with a combination of your autofill join, and an autofill plugin. Use the autofill form plugin to fill a separate simple field with the name. If no match, they can just manually enter a name in the simple field. So basically you'd be using the join as a "finder" to fill in the other field. Which might look weird as you'd have two fields with the same content.

For adding multiples, you need to have your actual "guest list" as a separate table, with a repeat join to it from your form's list. Although that would mess up the autofill form plugin thing, as that plugin has issues working in a repeat group. I think. I know I worked on being able to use an autofill plugin in a repeat group, but I can't remember if I got it working yet.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back