• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

After Update to Latest Release 3.10 - Issues with List - Data - Joins

eugenecjr

We have a list that has been setup for some time and has been working as expected. With that after the recent update we have noticed that the join is returning data from multiple children records. The join is straight forward in that that ID of the Parent table is joined on the PARENT_ID of the child table.

join.jpg

form_data.jpg

database_data.jpg

As can be seen above the form is showing data for record 28462 with data from record 28130.

With all that if you open the record and save it the data from record 28130 is saved to record 28462.

-Eugene

Joining id to parent_id can be (and ususally is, e.g all multiselect dbjoins, lists with repeat groups etc.) a 1:n-relation (from one parent to multiple children)

Your IMG s are broken, showing nothing.

I don't think this is related to the update.

From which version did you update, how, identical site (i.e. no copy etc), identical server settings (php version...)?

Troester,

With the IMGs that is odd as I can see them must fine on my side and the link used to embed them is remote to me just like you would be. Not sure what the deal is with that.

I have always kept my Fabrik Version updated so it would have been from the previous release. The site is the same site and as such the server settings would be the same. PHP version is 7.3.25.

Let me know if it would help to send the images another way. The show the join setup in Fabrik for the list, the frontend view and a screenshot of the database showing the records.

As mentioned before this was working fine for quite some time before the update with no reported issues such as this from any users.

-Eugene

Nor Firefox nor Chrome are me showing the pictures,trying to use the URL directly I get server timeout.
You can include screenshots directly into the post with copy/paste or do "Upload a File"

join.jpg

form_data.jpg

database_data.jpg

The database image shown above has a parent_id of 159 and if you follow the dates you should see what I am talking about. First record in form shows date of 09-03-2021 however follow it across for record 28462 and it should not have any values for the last three fields in the form view. It does and the data is that from record 28130.

Bumping again, seems pretty clear there is some kind of issue here. Issue did not exist until after the upgrade and the images provided clearly show the data is not being presented correctly for a simple join. Really could use some help on this.

You images are not visible and nobody else is reporting something similar, so...

juuser, that is possible. I do use some geolocation filtering for areas that we get a lot of attacks from. I have no way of knowing where you is located to remove the restriction if that is the case.

@troester could you send me a private message letting me know or a way to send you the images directly.

Better yet, check now to see if you can see the images.

-Eugene

Now I can see the images (but you can always include screenshots directly with copy/paste which will store locally).

Is the issue on form load, while adding a group...?
What does it show in details/list view?
Is it also with "list" as repeat group layout?
Do you have anything customized (layout, element JS, form JS...)?

Troester,

Apologize for the delay, had some book keeping that needed to be done that pulled me way from this issue.

Is the issue on form load, while adding a group...? Issue is on form load. No attempt is made to add a new group.
What does it show in details/list view? I am viewing in detail mode via the form. The inventory item has many sub records and is not viewed in list view.
Is it also with "list" as repeat group layout? The data is part of a sub form that is repeatable such as an inventory item with many records that show date/store/count etc... It is these records viewed in the form that are not showing the data correctly.
Do you have anything customized (layout, element JS, form JS...)? No

With this said I am comparing the data in the form with the data in the database. When comparing two records I have in the database that parent ID 159 in the database it shows the following for this parent:

upload_2021-10-2_21-23-45.png

NOTE this is 5 of 151 records but the issue is between ID 29346 and 29842. You can clearly see that all of the data for record 29346 includes 02-08012 04:00:00 / 2 / 2 These same fields for record 29842 are NULL. However you can see in the form this is not what is displayed:

upload_2021-10-2_21-26-50.png

Obviously you can't use the IDs in the form but using the date and counts you can see that the 2 / 8-13-2021 / 2 which should be associated to the record 9/24/2021 / 1.25 is actually associated to the record with 10/1/2021 / 4 which is the newest record.

Up until the recent update we did not notice this as being an issue even though this form had been used for almost a year.

-Eugene

As it's not possible to replicate this and all your settings seem "normal", it's really difficult to guess what's going on in your site :(

To confirm: This is already on page load, not after adding a new group?
What do you get in the details view?
What are your repeat group settings? (min, max, Repeat Num element...)

To check the repeat table ids you can examine your page source: the ids are hidden elements, you can override the CSS temporarily in your browser console to show them.

How did you "fill" the data? Fabrik usually doesn't save NULL values.

Is it the same in frontend and backend?
Is it the same if you set your repeat group "Template" to list instead of table?
Do you have suspicious form_X.js files in components/com_fabrik/js

Troester,

To confirm: This is already on page load, not after adding a new group? Yes, page load
What do you get in the details view? I get the same as with the form view
What are your repeat group settings? (min, max, Repeat Num element...)

upload_2021-10-11_21-15-15.png

To check the repeat table ids you can examine your page source: the ids are hidden elements, you can override the CSS temporarily in your browser console to show them. Not exactly sure how to do this. I know how to access the source using Google- Chrome --> Developer Tools. Just not sure about how to locate the CSS data that needs to be modified and how to modify it.

How did you "fill" the data? Fabrik usually doesn't save NULL values. The NULL data are fields that are not included by the form the users use where certain elements are not needed for their purpose.

Is it the same in frontend and backend? Yes
Is it the same if you set your repeat group "Template" to list instead of table? Issue is exactly the same whether viewed using Table or List "Template".
Do you have suspicious form_X.js files in components/com_fabrik/js I do have a form_X.js file that is simple used to show/hide a series of 5 display elements based on the selection of a dropdown box on the form (neither are in the repeat group).

Still looking to get this issue resolved. Requested information has been provided. Is any additional information needed?

Enable the display of the parent_id field in the Fabrik front-end to understand what is displayed. Otherwise it creates new lists linked to the same tables

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back