• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Average, Count, Sum errors

peter987

Hello !
Sorry I'm a french speaking newbie.

I'm using :
  • 3.9.2 Fabrik
  • 3.9.14 Joomla
  • 10.3.24-MariaDB server
  • Firefox 89.0.2
  • unfortunately, not allowed to update server settings (nor joomla version)
I noticed count and average calculation problems in my tab (using "element" calculation tab settings) .
I have a 43 rows tab, but only 38 with datas in fifth column (see attached screenshot).
I checked calculation and noticed rows with no data are not ignored for fifth column calculation...
I want average to be calculated only with 38 rows, not with all rows, same for count...
I also tried to check COUNT(%s) in custom tab option for 5th column element : result is 43 rows
This problem occurs in all rows with no data (average, count are calculated on 43 rows).

And Sum is not the same when I check sum in .xls tab, in that column (and some others too)...

I missed something for sure...

Thanks for your help...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-07-12 à 13.32.33.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-12 à 13.32.33.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 61
If you have 43 rows the count IS 43.

You can set a pre-filter to get a list without the "fifth column empty" rows (but then you won't see these rows at all).

Sum: Did you define your column/element as integer or decimal? Or is it summing up strings?

Thanks !
Now I know column sum in Fabrik is different from column sum in .xls tab.
I need to check diffrence between integer and decimal element.
I need to have column value average or column value sum rather than rows total...

In attached screenshot, i'm expecting in fifth column :
sum = 340
average : 340/5 = 68

in fourth column, i'm expecting :
sum = 360
average : 360/6 = 60

Thanks...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-07-12 à 13.32.33.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-12 à 13.32.33.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 57
I don't understand what you are trying to do.
Obviously you have 43 rows in your list, not only 6.

Sum of a colum/element is the sum of this column over all rows (including 0/empty values), average is sum/count

Sum etc is for ALL rows in your (filtered) list, not only for some visible/paginated ones.

Hi,
just a hint: I noticed that your decimal value has a comma instead of a dot in your list. This can generate some issues in calculation!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back