• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Calc in repeated group causes corrupt form display.

bggann

I've got a form with repeated groups.
In the repeated groups are calc element that depends on the data in that group as well as the parent group.
All works well till I hit repeated group 6 (in other words I can have 5 repeated groups).
On the 6th group, if I trigger a calculation (ajax), the calculated group display appears briefly but then is overwritten with a view of the home page of the site.

In other words, where the calculated element should be displayed, you see the front page of the site.
The error is systematic. I use the same calculation in up to 4 fields in the repeated group (I do not use the results of one calc in another calc, I repeat the base calculation). All of those fields are replaced with the "home page" display.

If I ignore the corrupt display, and submit the record, it actually writes to the database correctly, so this appears to be something related to ajax (maybe?) or an overflow (maybe?).

Here is the code that is in the calc element.
I've attached a couple screen shots - one showing the correct display, the other showing the corrupt display.

Looks like some kind of overflow????
------------
//Code for picking Rate
// Duplicating calculation of time here to force calculation
//dumpmessage('Start flight seat cost');
$db = JFactory::getDbo();
$start_time = explode(",",'{daily_log_7_repeat___seat_start_time_raw}');
if ( empty($start_time[1])) {$start_time[1]="00";}
if ( empty($start_time[0])) {$start_time[0]="00";}
$start_time_text = implode(':',$start_time);
$start_time_sec = strtotime('01/01/1980 '.$start_time_text.':00');
//dump($start_time_sec,'start_time_sec');
$stop_time = explode(",",'{daily_log_7_repeat___seat_stop_time_raw}');
if ( empty($stop_time[1])) {$stop_time[1]="00";}
if ( empty($stop_time[0])) {$stop_time[0]="00";}
$stop_time_text = implode(':',$stop_time);
$stop_time_sec = strtotime('01/01/1980 '.$stop_time_text.':00');
//dump($stop_time_sec,'stop_time_sec');
if ($stop_time_sec < $start_time_sec) {
$stop_time_sec += 86400;
}

$flight_hours_raw = (float)($stop_time_sec - $start_time_sec)/3600 ;
$flight_hours = round ( $flight_hours_raw,2);
//dump($flight_hours,'flight hours');

$n_number = '{daily_log___aircraft_n_number_raw}';

if (empty($n_number) or empty($flight_hours)) {
//dumpmessage('Exiting flight cost');
// Exit out
}
else {
$query_string = 'SELECT aircraft_base_flight_rate FROM aircraft WHERE id = "'.$n_number.'"';
//dump($query_string,'Query');
$db->setQuery($query_string);
$rows = $db->loadObjectList();
//dump($rows,'rows');
foreach ($rows as $row) {
$rate = $row->aircraft_base_flight_rate;
}
}
$total_cost = (float) $rate * $flight_hours;
//dump($total_cost,'total cost');
//dump($flight_hours,'flight hours');
//dump($rate,'rate');
//dumpmessage('end seat flight cost');
return $total_cost;
-------------
This is correct. Seat Flight Start Time triggers calculation of Seat Flight Time and SEAT flight cost.
This is as loaded from the database.
correct.JPG
This is the corrupted one. This happens after ajax
Notice how the calc feilds have be replaced with the site front page
corrupt.JPG

Further information
If I turn off AJAX on the problem feilds, the issue does not appear. Is this an ajax overflow problem?

I suspect it's probably something like max_input_vars, if you have a lot of elements in your repeat.

Try doubling it in your PHP ini.

-- hugh

Yep - you are right - I ran into this problem before - oh fickle memory. Increased max variables in php.ini and it resolved.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back