Calculations for 'group by' on list view shows grand total

psyfer

Please I need help.

On the list view of a timesheet, the entries are grouped by the week of year. Each week shows a heading with the respective days underneath. The duration field (joined from another table) shows the number of hours for each entry.

When I set the "SUM' calculation on the duration field, it only shows the accumulated total across all weeks, not by group by.

When I add split on week (same as group by) on the SUM, it gives the total for all weeks plus the total, underneath each group. How can I get it to show the week's (group's) total only.

Also is it possible to show this total in the group heading (this is the highlighted row with the group name, in this case the week number).

E.g. under each week it displays week 31, week 32, etc. and the total
Sum
31 & 31: 9.7
32 & 32: 9.4
Total: 19.1

Last edited:
Nope, that's unrelated.

I'm trying to find time to work on this. The code is complex, and I'll need to set up a specific test case for it. I need a few free hours to get it done.

-- hugh

Hi, thank you, much appreciated! If you need access for testing, it is already set up and not in production yet.

Hi, I urgently need your help please! I am stuck. have tried different angles to get the timesheet week total correctly but it does not work. I have to calculate the week and group by it to get the total of the hours worked for the week.

Hi, have you made progress yet. I really need to get this to work, even if finding an alternative way of doing it. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back