cdd not working with greek characters data

tilbellos

a few days ago i had some problems on how to build a form with cdd and i figured out that was because of greek characters. cdd is working with english characters but if it is possible i want to use greek characters instead of english. I have 3 tables, the first (fishing_report) is the main form for the frontend, the 2nd (oikosistimata - ecosystems) and the 3rd (potamia - rivers). In the 1st table i have a databasejoin element to "ecosystems" and a cdd "rivers"

Tables & elements:
fishing_report: dbjoin, cdd and some other fields

fab_oikosistimata (ecosystems): id, oikosistima

potamia (rivers): id, potamia, ecosystem_id

cdd:
List: ??????? (potamia)
Id: id
label: ???????
watch element: oikosistima
fk: ecosystem_id

i got this working only when i changed the names of the dbjoin data "ecosystems" to english characters, i tried changing the collation of the tables to greek general ci and utf8 and replace data with no result

i will appreciate if you could help me

i rebuilded the 2 tables ecosystems and rivers with utf8_unicode_ci collation and now its working with greek characters... maybe the problem was the collation...

Last edited:
now i have another headache...lol

i have a problem with advanced search in frontend. i have 3 fields: ecosystems, rivers and spots (locations) and the 3rd field is not populating data... it only shows "all"

awrWL1cm8KT

Attachments

• screen.PNG
    screen.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 13
I'm trying to look at your list on the backend, but "You are not authorized to view this resource", because it appears you have removed "Super Admins" from the "Registered" view level in J!. Did you do that for a particular reason? I wouldn't advise doing that ... if you need an access level for registered without super admins, create a new one. Leave the default Registered as all registered users (so leave Managers and Super Admins in it), create a new one called something like "Not Admins" with just Registered in it.

-- hugh

new problem appeared... in advanced search the "rivers" element was working. now it shows only "all"

Attachments

• qw.PNG
    qw.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 14
I don't think CDD's will work in Advanced Search. CDD's need to "watch" another element, to filter what they display, and as that other element may not have been selected by the user in the Advanced Search, the complexity of trying to "watch" it is extremely hard.

-- hugh

But i have selected the "other element" in the first line. i thought advanced search will work like the simple search.

Attachments

• aa.PNG
    aa.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
And another issue... i have set to show me the totals of the fields. the numbers 283, 286 are the users id's. I don't want this. just the totals only. as you can see in the image the total of field 20-35 is "4" but it shows "9". it counts all users...

Attachments

• sum.PNG
    sum.PNG
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back