• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Color Picker Problem

idrive72

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the "Color Picker" plugin. I created a form containing 4 Color Picker elements with appropriate default values. When I go to select the colors and save the form, the confirmation message appears regularly but nothing is written in the database. I searched the forum for something that could help me but I didn't find anything like it. Can you help me?

Thank you

Guido

P.S.
I use Joomla 3.10.10
Fabrik 3.10
MariaDB 10.4.24
Apache 2.4.53 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1n PHP/8.0.19

Last edited:
What do you mean by "nothing is written in the database"? The cell remains empty, not even the default value (like 0,0,0 or whatever it is)?
Any JS error or else?
I have it working without any problem here...

Yes, nothing is written in the db, completely empty despite the confirmation message.
I suspect it depends on PHP8 because I did a test on another site that I run with PHP7.4 and it worked right away. I am thrilled!
I found that if in the "Fabrik form option" I do not insert anything in place of "-1" in the row ID and the same in keyname, the record is saved regularly. Now I am trying to use the "autofill" plugin to recover the data from the db. It seems to go but I don't know if it's the right method.

The site where I'm using the colour picker is on PHP 7 as well, so it might be a PHP 8 thing, indeed.
You should then get an error with Joomla's error reporting set to max, telling us more and where to look.
It seems that not many people are using the colour picker -- at least with PHP 8 -- which may explain why there were no reports yet.

Not sure what you mean by "recover data from the db" and what you're trying to do, but if it's about the colour picker trouble, I don't think autofill is going to do anything for you. To fill in the colour picker "blanks" in the DB, you'll probably want to use phpMyAdmin.

The site where I'm using the colour picker is on PHP 7 as well, so it might be a PHP 8 thing, indeed.
You should then get an error with Joomla's error reporting set to max, telling us more and where to look.
It seems that not many people are using the colour picker -- at least with PHP 8 -- which may explain why there were no reports yet.
Yes, I want to deepen to try to understand.

Not sure what you mean by "recover data from the db" and what you're trying to do, but if it's about the colour picker trouble, I don't think autofill is going to do anything for you. To fill in the colour picker "blanks" in the DB, you'll probably want to use phpMyAdmin.
Translation error from Italian, I meant "read data from db". As mentioned in the previous post, if I don't filter the data based on the user logged in the form page, when I save, the data is written in the db regularly. So, by reopening the same form, using the autofill plugin, I can see the data just saved. I hope I explained myself.
However, I noticed that, from time to time, autofill fails to read the data from the db and sometimes everything is ok. This behavior is strange and should never happen.

As mentioned in the previous post, if I don't filter the data based on the user logged in the form page, when I save, the data is written in the db regularly. So, by reopening the same form, using the autofill plugin, I can see the data just saved. I hope I explained myself.
However, I noticed that, from time to time, autofill fails to read the data from the db and sometimes everything is ok. This behavior is strange and should never happen.
Maybe it's me, maybe it's a translation thing, but the title and your initial post in this thread was about the colour picker value not being stored in the database, at least under PHP 8. Are we still talking about this?
Did you check in phpMyAdmin if the entire new record is missing, or if only the colour picker cell is empty?
As asked before: Do you have JS errors in the browser console? With Joomla error reporting set to maximum, do you have errors on the page?
Did you try PHP 7 instead of 8 on this site, and does the problem then still persist or go away?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back