Database Join Element in PDF values don't contain value's label

joomlamate

Following the other issue on this thread, I found out also that after the update database join elements won't contain the value's label in the PDF, but only their raw value. So it's impossible to print on the PDF what the selection's represent in text. This time, this issue appears in both my forms.

Overall, the same template when is used as the detail layout it will return different data sets than when it's used as PDF layout.
One descriptive example is when on Details, an element's ro will contain a string, but when in PDF it's value becomes an array. So it actually becomes harder to test/debug the PDF layout if for example is set to be used as a Details layout.
I remember that this was the same some years ago when I first created those custom layouts, but I had managed to accept that as the use case and created the layouts.

I would have no problem with this at this time, but I definitely need the database join elements to return the value's labels in the PDF, instead of just the raw data (usually numbers that represent the id of the selected option of the joined element).

I can't replicate.
Dbjoins are showing their labels in PDF no matter if in list, form or details view.

Is it the same if you are using a standard Fabrik template as PDF template?
Maybe you have to adapt your custom templates.

For debugging PDF templates enable debugging in Fabrik options.
There may be still differences between screen and PDF because of CSS restrictions of the PDF rendering (e.g. float) but it will show the content which is going into the rendering, so stuff like value/labels will surely not change.

Last edited:
Hi Troester - thanks for the prompt reply.
I did a quick test on a clean Joomla/Fabrik install and you are right. DB Join elements labels are there.
In any case, that was a minor concern for me.
My main problem is the other one on the other thread, which actually can be narrowed down to why PDF attachments use the details template instead of the PDF one?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back