Databasejoin element not showing value in list after latest 3.8.1 update

p38

Hi All,

I have just updated to F3.8.1 and Github latest on 2 sites.

I now notice that the databasejoin element only shows the id in the table list, and not the human readable name assigned to it.

If I try setup a concat list, it shows correctly when editing/adding, but still not in the list.

When I edit the record, it does in fact show the human readable names in the dropdownlist. This confirms that the element is pulling the correct join info.

It is just the list where it only shows teh Id.

This has happened across ALL databasejoins

Anyone perhaps got an idea where they could point me to problem solve?

is it perhaps to do with this code in databasejoin element plugin line 1159? I am not sure what "override_join_val_column_concat" does or where it is set?

if ($params->get($this->concatLabelParam) == '' || $this->app->input->get('override_join_val_column_concat', '0') === '1')
{
return $this->getLabelParamVal();
}
else

Thanks
Paul

I can't replicate, dbjoins are showing with their labels in list view.

Is your Fabrik connection set correctly?

I can't replicate this either, and nobody else is reporting it (if it was a systemic issue, we'd have been swamped with reports).

If you'd like to take out a sub, I'd be happy to log in to one of your sites and take a look.

-- hugh

Thank you gentlemen for the replies, much appreciated...

Troester, yes all good with correct connections. As mentioned, the lookup works when editing a record, it is only when displayed in teh list that it only shows the id.
Both sites were upgraded from 3.2 to 3.7 then 3.8 and then 3.8.1, so perhaps something broke in the upgrade, however I checked the databasejoin plugin code, and it is the latest.

Hugh, thanks, can one take out a sub for 1 month? if I cant find anything then I will have to take you up on this.

If someone could kindly point me to which script or function that is used to interpret and display the dbjoin label in the list, I will have a stab at debugging it first.

If I dont come right, Hugh I will ask you to look at it thanks.

Paul

You went from 3.2 in this round of upgrades?

Yes, you can sub for 1 month, just don't select 'recurring'. Although there seems to be an issue with signups / PayPal atm, I'm working on it.

-- hugh

It seems unlikely that the code you reference is causing this issue.

It seems to me that there are two possible causes:

1. The SQL issued for the list is not using the correct column for the non-raw value, perhaps because the element settings have changed since 3.2. If you run fabrikdebug=1 what does the list SQL show for this element?

or

2. The rendering is being done using the raw value rather than the non raw value. This seems unlikely, but I do note that this commit two years ago as part of F3.4 is in this sort of area as part of "function renderListData".

It might help narrow this down a little further if you can see whether the following steps on one element will fix it (I know that this may be across lots of elements - but if we know if this fixes it for one element it might help diagnose the root cause):

When you edit the dbjoin elements does the label setting show correctly?
What happens if you resave the element with the correct label setting - does it fix the problem?

It seems unlikely that the code you reference is causing this issue.

When you edit the dbjoin elements does the label setting show correctly?
What happens if you resave the element with the correct label setting - does it fix the problem?

Hi Troester,

• when I edit the element it shows the label correctly
  • when I save the element again, it still shows the raw value.
What I did was delete the element and recreate it again, and this solved my problem. I cannot explain why.
Perhaps because I have upgraded so much over the years with these sites, the param values could not be upgraded in the fabrik_elements db on the latest major upgrade.

Altho it took me a while to recreate some 30 dbjoin elements, I figured it would take me much longer to debug and problem solve.

I forgot to mention that I also upgraded Php5.6 to php7, so perhaps it was all too much to handle in 1 go.

Thank you troester and Hugh for trying to help. I have soem more sites to do, but will experiment with how I do the upgrades to see if I can find anything.

Regards

Paul

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back