Duplicate row being created by 'add' button on list

Status
Not open for further replies.

chozma

Hi all,

I have a bit of a weird problem at the moment and am hoping someone might know the cause of this problem or could suggest some things I might try to figure out what's going on.... I'm at a bit of a loss...

I am displaying a Fabrik list as a menu item. I have set the add button to appear on the toolbar at the top of the list. When you add a record using the add button it opens up the form as you'd expect, but when you click save it creates two of the record eg it duplicates it. However if you add a record by using a form which you access through a module it behaves as expected, eg it only adds one record.

I've testing this a few times and its definitely not that I am double clicking! ;) Can anyone hazard a guess as to why this might be happening? :confused:

Thanks all,

Hannah
x

Can you point me at the page? Or put the site details (site URL and backend login) in your My Sites, and let me know which list.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I was worried you were going to ask that as I am working on a local version at the moment. But should be able to get it onto the web in the next few days, just waiting for some FTP details. Will post the details once I have done that. Thanks very much

Is it really adding two new different records (with different ids) or is it displaying the same record twice in list view?
You can check directly in the database with e.g. phpMyAdmin and you can set the id element to display in list view to see if it's different.

Good question Troester. Just checked in phpMyAdmin and it is adding the same data to the database twice, not just displaying it twice. They do have different ids though.

Do you have any non-standard htaccess rules, i.e. anything other than the default out-of-box settings the J! htaccess comes with?

Are you using AJAX-ified links (i.e. popping the form up in a modal window)?

I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on your server, as this is obviously a specific issue with your setup, as nobody else is reporting this, and if it was systemic, we'd be swamped with reports of it.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. No, I don't think I have any specific out of the box settings and am not using ajax-ified links.

Its useful to know though that this is probably to do with my own set-up, which makes me a lot less concerned. Once I get my FTP details I intend to rebuild what I have done so far as I have just been learning and experimenting with my current set-up. It might be that the issue doesn't reappear in my new build because I have a much better idea of what I'm doing now! Will keep you posted, thanks for the swift responses and offers of help.

hannah

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back