Edit Fabrik record- doesn't update, instead creates new record

Saumier

Joomla 2.5.2 Fabrik 3.0.5.2

I have a Fabrik "profile" record (the parent) joined to jos_users record. I have a Fabrik list where the manager can click on edit which brings up a Fabrik form to edit fields in both records. When Save is clicked, Fabrik inserts a new "profile" record instead of updating the existing record. I have Repeatable = No in Group records. I also have the List set to Nobody can Add records. I've tried left, inner and right joins and that makes no difference.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I've tried everything I can think of, but Fabrik insists on creating a new record.

Hopefully I am missing something.....a very simple fix.

Thanks.

can you post screen shots of the list joins, the list primary key and point us at the page?
Whilst your description is clear its hard to tell what might be the specific issue

thx
Rob

Sorry for the delay- I have been trying other settings. I have changed the Primary record to sky1_users (the jos record), and the fab_profile to the child. It is the child where the new record is created rather than the existing record being updated. Logically, I think this would be the correct relationship.

Now I am really confused. It now works exactly as I would expect, no new record, it updates the existing record. I don't think I've changed anything since yesterday when I was getting the "new" record, but I have tried several tests today and it works fine. What a difference a day makes!! I don't think I'm cacheing anything, but that's the only thing I can think of. I did reboot this morning.

Sorry to bother you, but it was making me nuts. In spite of that, I think Fabrik is a fantastic product.

Attachments

• fab01.jpg
    fab01.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 411
  • fab_02.jpg
    fab_02.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 403
  • fab_03.jpg
    fab_03.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 396
  • fab_04.jpg
    fab_04.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 396
  • fab_05.jpg
    fab_05.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 406
Just now I have get the same result, the form which works normal after 3.0.5-59 github has showed strange behavior: after edit form and save it changes are not save, but new record is creates with new (edited) data.

In 66 update I get the same.

Conclusion: Saumier is not alone :)

An attempt to understand:
this bug I have found only in one form, there I have TWO databasejoin elements for the one table. If I edit FIRST element (and I may no change any data there, only select the same value again) - I get a new record instead of edited this, but if I edit SECOND element - I get the same edited record.

Question: if I will create a new list to the same table and will joint one of databasejoin elements to the new list (but to the same table) - will it work?

Nope, i don't seem to be able to replicate this.

Can you catch me on Skype ('cheesegrits') and show me the problem?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back