• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

Error when joomla upgrades to 3.7.X

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
I upgraded my Joomla from 3.4.x to 3.7.x. The website shows fine but now my back end gives the following error:
Code:
Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b101/sl.knoxttdot/administrator/components/com_fabrik/tables/fabtable.php" at line 23.
There is also an error to the top of the page:
Code:
Strict Standards: Declaration of FabTable::getFields() should be compatible with JTable::getFields($reload = false) in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b101/sl.knoxttdot/administrator/components/com_fabrik/tables/fabtable.php on line 23
What should I do?

At the moment I don't even have access to my Joomla Backend. When I login the page comes up with those errors and when I hit 'Return to Control Panel' I get logged out. What should I do?

Use phpMyAdmin, find the row for the Fabrik system plugin (name = plg_fabrik_system) in your #__extensions table, and set 'enabled' to 0. Re-enable (from within J!) once you have updated.

When updating from waaaay old J! (3.4 is about 2 years old), it's usually best to update Fabrik (and other extensions) first. Less chance of running into issue like this.

And definitely always do an Akeeba backup before updating, in case things do go wobbly.

Also, when updating very old systems, it's often worth installing an Akeeba clone, and testing updates on that first before doing your live site. A lot can change in 2 years.

And finally ... before updating, always turn system error reporting off. With error reporting off, this issue wouldn't have killed the backend, because that "strict" notice wouldn't have gotten tossed by PHP.

-- hugh

I set the extension to 0 and attempted to update Fabrik. I get the following error when I try to update from the 'Extension Update' interface. These are the errors:
Code:
Error
Archive does not exist
Warning
Update path does not exist.
Notice
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.

What should I do. I even attempted to upload the Kitchen Sink zip file. I get the same kind of error except it also mentions something about an xml file. What should I do? Last but not least, I have disabled everything 'Fabrik' from within Joomla. All those 'Fabrik' plugins have been disabled and then I tried an update. Same error.

Which site is this? One of the ones in your My Sites? Can you make sure I have ftp access for it as well as a super admin login.

-- hugh

this is www.knoxttdot.com and yes you have access. This is the new error message I am getting.
Code:
JFTP: :store: Bad response.
Warning: Failed to move file: /tmp/phpCaRlB3 to /tmp/pkg_fabrik_sink_3.7.zip

Okay, I have exhausted all my knowledge. I simply don't know what to try again. Give it a poke and lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Did you try to install the Fabrik3.7 package, so not updating via Extensions/Update but download Fabrik3.7 then Extensions/Install?

I tried to download it and keep getting this:
Code:
The webpage at http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=plugin.pluginAjax&plugin=fileupload&method=ajax_download&format=raw&element_id=355&formid=36&rowid=2793fabrik-3-7&repeatcount=0might be temporarily down or it may have moved to a new web address.

Sorry, a table got corrupted in the database, so it was blowing up when it tried to log the download. And I was in the middle of a 700 mile drive back home after viewing the eclipse (the good news is I had excellent views of totality and got some great pictures!).

Should be downloading again now.

-- hugh

Wish I could have been there to see it. In my country we only got 3/4 eclipse. Anyways, I downloaded the new 3.7 zip and got the following error:
Code:
JFTP: :store: Bad response.
Warning: Failed to move file: /tmp/phpitWMkR to /tmp/pkg_fabrik_3.7.zip
Why is the setup trying to move a file from a directory to a zip? It should be the other way around?

First it has to rename it from the random name it downloaded with. Looks like permissions issues with the ftp wrapper.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

when ever I try to install I temporarily set my tmp file to 777. then try to install and get this error. what other file or folder requires permissions for the install? In my joomla permissions tab setting, all my folders are green.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back