• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

fabrik 3.8 element javascript problem

mahmoodee

Hello,
I use javascript for radio button element to hide/show another element
but it does not work
it show this error :
no content option set for window.html
mootools-ext.js:3
I am using joomshaper helix 3 template
I tried all the possible possibilities, but the same problem

Have you tried with the Protostar template instead. If that works, then the issue comes from the template and you may report the issue to them.

I tried with the Protostar template and it has been worked fine , Even though the same error appears no content option set for window.html .
In helix 3 template the javascript not work and this is not related to the error(no content option set for window.html .)

What kind of JS are you using for your radio buttons? Custom code or the items in the Javascript tab of the Fabrik element?

the items in the Javascript tab of the Fabrik element

on load : When element "patent" == "", hide element "ebtikar.year"

on click: When element "patent" == "1", show element "ebtikar.year"

on click : When element "patent" == "2", hide element "ebtikar.year"

patent: radio element
year:dropdown element

It's true that the type of event may have an influence, but I found that "onClick" gives the most consistent results and that seems also appropriate for a radio button element.
If it's really a template problem, that may require for you to get a pro subscription from Fabrik to get more help. You should check with Hugh about that.

Yeah, there's an issue with the Helix 3 template on button groups which is preventing the events from bubbling up and triggering our events.

I'm working on it.

-- hugh

Yes, I have "button group" set on my radio buttons , now I have set "Button group" to "no" and javascript works fine.
I hope solve this problem
thank you .

I spent quite a while debugging this. The problem is the way their javascript intercepts events on those button groups, and prevents them from "bubbling up" to anything else listening for those events.

I'm attempting to get hold of them to figure out the change they need to make to their code, but as I don't have a subscription, I can't post in their forums. I've emailed asking for assistance.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back