Fabrik and helix ultimate error opening with another template

elmarra

Hello everyone, I have always used joomla with helix 1 for the normal site, and protostar to open the pages with fabrik. (lists)
It always worked fine until I upgraded to helix 2 and my links stopped working.
basically I have a user menu with menu items that call up fabrik lists with template setting to protostar.
I opened a report to the template provider and they provided me with a fix, as previously no menu item either fabrik or not, which required opening a template other than helix was impossible, now everything works except opening of a fabrik list, the other menu items towards fabrik also work with the exception of the fabrik lists.
Could you please check?

To find the problem do the following:
1)Install helix ultimate version 2.0.4 (latest available)
2)apply the following correction:
https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/commit/3503d2912cd7eaf2b43baf1485c38919df110ca0
3)create a menu item to a fabrik list by opening another protostar template

in this case you realize that it will not be possible to open the page

After the fix of helix from github everything works, I also tried to create menu items towards other components and everything works except the fabrik lists. could you check?
Thanks

What do you mean with "it will not be possible to open the page"?
Please give some more informations.
Error messages?
Joomla error reporting to max?
Errors in browser console?
Your settings? (Joomla, Fabrik, php version, SEF on/off, other 3rd-party plugins/components...)

I have different sites with different templates, all are opening Fabrik lists with Protostar assigned without issues.
So it seems a Helix issue.

This reads like something you'll need to continue discussing with "the Helix guys" (Joomshaper), as it clearly is an issue specifically related to Helix. And then keep testing yourself in your own specific environment, eventually with what you're asking us to do: create a clean new install with only Fabrik and Helix.

In case of doubt, test this: make Protostar the default template for all menu items. Does it work ok, can you open all pages? If so, it's exclusively a Helix issue, indeed.

What do you mean with "it will not be possible to open the page"?
Please give some more informations.
Error messages?
Joomla error reporting to max?
Errors in browser console?
Your settings? (Joomla, Fabrik, php version, SEF on/off, other 3rd-party plugins/components...)

I have different sites with different templates, all are opening Fabrik lists with Protostar assigned without issues.
So it seems a Helix issue.

After github fix only a maximum run time error is given, if set to 60 seconds after 60 seconds if you keep loading the page up to the set time and then it fails.
Joomla version 3.10.1
Fabrik 3.10
Php 7.4.22
No extension of other parts, I performed a clean installation just to try to understand if there was any other problem
SEF active and this causes me the error, If I deactivate the SEF everything works correctly.

But the problem I have only in the fabrik menu item of type list
For "detail" "form" and "visualization" it works correctly even with the sef active, same thing if I create a menu item towards fabrik list that requires access to registered users, if I link to that menu item without logging in it exits me the error that I am not allowed to see the page and the link works

This reads like something you'll need to continue discussing with "the Helix guys" (Joomshaper), as it clearly is an issue specifically related to Helix. And then keep testing yourself in your own specific environment, eventually with what you're asking us to do: create a clean new install with only Fabrik and Helix.

In case of doubt, test this: make Protostar the default template for all menu items. Does it work ok, can you open all pages? If so, it's exclusively a Helix issue, indeed.
Hi yes I did a clean installation just to try to rule out third party problems, but without success!
I'm trying to get the developers to understand the problem but they can't give me feedback!

Yes I tried to set protostar as default! and everything works correctly!
Same thing I tried to set protostar as default! And helix for the normal pages of the site, example, home, about us, news, contacts etc.
And even in this case everything works correctly!
I am convinced that the problem is helix, but the strange thing that only with fabrik gives me the block, with all the other extensions I have tried the menu item works!

site
This example site shows the problem.
As you can see all links work except fabrik list (call list)
All the others work.
If you also try to open the test link that calls protostar and then from there you navigate to the fabrik list, the same error comes out.
Configuration:
joomla 3.10.1
php 7.4.22
Sef active
Helix ultimate 2.0.4 (More manual correction from github)
Clean installation with no other active components

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back