Field plugin error

Which backend language are you using? There seems to be e.g. some unbalanced " in the language file but I can't replicate with the English ones.

I'm using en-GB. I've tried en-US also, but the result is the same.

So, I've checked the differences from an old language file and the problem is with tag:

PLG_ELEMENT_FIELD_LINK_ATTRIBUTES_DESC

If I remove it everything displays correctly.

BR

This is the problem:

Somewhere in the description, there's this _QQ_ tag which breaks the code.

... width=_QQ_100px_QQ_ height=_QQ_50px_QQ_ ...

OK, so the solution is to replace _QQ_ with the missing quotes on the language file, like this:

"_QQ_"

Hi,

can you please check, if your field element includes your language file: ../plugins/fabrik_element/field/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_element_field.ini
I am using language en-GB in backend as well and everything is correct.
Cheers
Bianka

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.19.59.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.19.59.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.57.52.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.57.52.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi, I don't think, that this is the mistake. My file is original from gitup. With the next update, this will be overwritten.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 11.09.13.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 11.09.13.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 49
If you check your screenshot you'll find that the _QQ_ tag is quoted, which is exactly the change I've made to my language file, this is, changed from _QQ_ to "_QQ_" and that solved the problem.

That's why I 've suggested to change the file in Github.

I've marked the wrong row. PLG_ELEMENT_FIELD_LINK_ATTRIBUTES_DESC is without any quotes around _QQ_
and there was no change since last year...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 12.25.02.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 12.25.02.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 46
I also don't think this is the correct "correction".
_QQ_ is a placeholder for " inside the language strings.
There should not be any " inside the strings so I assume it's line 41 PLG_ELEMENT_FIELD_INPUT_MASK_DEFINITIONS_DESC
breaking the rest of the file in your case.

No idea why it's only you. Which php version are you running?

Try to remove all " (but the first and the last) in line 41 and leave the ..._LINK_ATTRIBUTES... line original.
Is it then working?

And is it working at your site? or breaking the strings?
It's ok on my site (so "_QQ_" seems to be accepted, as it is in the field plugin) but it's also doing with just _QQ_ (I think the mixup was coming from Transifex at some point, all these strings are pretty "old" ones).

And is it working at your site? or breaking the strings?.

It works with the quotes only. The server where the site is hosted only have PHP 5.6 so that might be the problem.

But, as the other plugins are defined with the quotes, this can be a "compatibility" solution, IMHO.

BR

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back