File upload - delete original file if existing image found not working

tikimultimedia

I've been running into a problem with the fileupload element using all standard settings except for "If existing image found?" is set to "Delete original file".

When I replace an existing image file (.jpg) with an image file that has the same name and click save, it always shows the previous image file instead of the new one for a period of time. Perhaps there's some caching involved here because the only way to check that the new file has been uploaded is to check on my server (also shows the old image in Content -> Media) or clearing the cache/incognito window.

I'm hoping to get some insight into why this is happening. I can't use AJAX uploading because a placeholder needs to be used in the upload directory path (tested without the placeholder to make sure it wasn't contributing to this issue)

I was able to replicate this on a standard Joomla install with System Cache off and standard Fabrik install with only the change to the fileupload element mentioned above.

Thanks.

Last edited:
same name -> browser thinks its same file -> keeps it cached

try jchoptimize plugin (free version), it will add a timestamp hash to the file...maybe that will help

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back