• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

File Upload element

Bren

Hello all.
I'm using the file upload element again; but I noticed a difference between Fabrik versions since I used it last. I have one site that's using the Fabrik v3.8 file upload element and when a user clicks on the file name in a Fabrik list a nice modal popup appears. On my other site I'm using the current Fabrik v3.8.1 file upload element and when a user clicks on the file name in a Fabrik list the entire page displays the image. Then the user has to click on the browser back arrow. I would prefer the popup instead. I compared my settings in the element from both sites and they match. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Ajax fileupload or standard?
What are your settings?
I can see this "opening in browser", too, if the list is displaying the filename (not the image thumb), but it's the same in Fabrik3.8.
Did you do anything in the fileupload layouts on your 3.8 site?

Hi troester.
I’m using Ajax.
Now that you mention it; I forgot that Hugh helped me last year when the site was on mySite. He added the popup. I wonder if he did something in the layout. I should mention that the popup also looked very much like the Regular Labs Modal popup. I haven’t gotten into trying layouts, yet. Not really sure where to go to see if he did adjust the layout. Any chance you can steer me in a direction and maybe a helpful how to weblink?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The layout file is
plugins\fabrik_element\fileupload\layouts\fabrik-element-fileupload-file.php

Copy it to an override folder in your J! template or maybe in your Fabrik list template (I don't know where it is in your 3.8 site) and add the changes Hugh made on your 3.8 site.
I think mainly it's adding rel="lightbox[]" as a link option.

Hugh,
Do you remember how you setup the file upload element popup from a list aboutva year ago? I’ve tried Troester’s suggestion and I couldn’t get it to do work.
Thanks in advance.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back