• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

File upload via content plugin seems not to work.

cyberholic

Hi everyone,
i am having a strange behaviour since doing the latest update this
morning.

when i want to upload a file via the file-element it only works on the list-view.

but i have a form implemented inside an article and when i try to upload from
there, the data from the other form-fields is saved to the database, but the
image is not uploaded.

could this be a bug or am i missing something?
greetings,
carlos

Can you link/screenshot your element settings for the file upload? Also let us know how you linked in the form..i.e. {fabrik view=form id=1}..

Thanks in advance for your time.
Attached is an image of the element setup.

And the plugin syntax i use is

Code:
{fabrik view=form id=121}

The form shows up perfectly and there is only one field and one image element.
If i fill out the field element and choose a file, then the data is saved in a row
inside the DB, but without the link to the image.
And the image is not uploaded.

But if i call the form from within the list, then it works perfectly.

Attachments

• endorphinum_elementpreview.jpg
    endorphinum_elementpreview.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 307
I can confirm that the form, when placed in an article using the Content Plugin, does not upload the image, but it does allow the form to be submitted and data (minus the image info) is stored.

When moving the form to Fabrik-Form menu item, it works as expected. It appears that there might be a bug with that content plugin. I had some difficulties getting the Paypal Form plugin to fire off when used along with the Content Plugin..

Hugh is out of commish for a bit, so we may not get an answer on this for a few days :(

Hi,

I'm having this exact problem, too. Uploads do not work when form is linked to an article via the content plugin. Works fine if the form is just linked directly via a menu item.

I'm testing on localhost using J2.5.6, fabrik 3.0.5 just updated with Github yesterday. PHP 5.2.17 and sorry can't remember MySQL version. Tried it with various diff browsers and versions, same results.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just read this post: http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24823&highlight=Content+plugin+upload

Which explains the reason file uploads are not workin within a content article is due to the fact that you are now usin AJAX for the uploads within content items, so the single file uploads no longer works. Somehow cheese grits set it up to use Ajax uploads and made it "repeatable" so the uploads would work. Is there somewhere that explains how to do this? Or a tutorial somewhere that explains this workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mari

So after spending two days trying to fix this "bug" I can't help feeling the sheer frustration when I realize that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. As a developer myself I would never IGNORE a setting provided to the users as a parameter and just hard code what I want for whatever reason without even warning the user or giving the user any kind of indication.

This is what is happening here. For the case where a form is included within a content plugin you are just hard coding the AJAX upload and completely ignoring the user setting whether to use AJAX OR NOT for the upload plugin. No warning or notice to the user of that fact....just let the user go crazy trying to figure out why the uploads don't work. The least you can do is place a warning or notice over the AJAX setting in the upload plugin or something.

Come on guys, you should know better.

As far as I know, that's not what I did.

The problem is that when in a content plugin or a module, we automatically submit forms via AJAX. And standard (non AJAX) file uploads don't work, when submitting via AJAX. that's not a Fabrik thing, it's a HTML thing.

I'm not aware of having made any changes that would force AJAX uploading when rendered in a content plugin. I think it's just that standard upload won't work in a content plugin, period.

I'll check the code and test, and apologies in advance if I am overriding any settings.

Obviously this is something which needs better documentation, so one of us should update the Wiki once I've established what's actually happening.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back