Fill a Form - Based on Fabrik Fields

tiagovareta

Hi,

How can I fill out an external site form using the fields in an open form?

Basically what I intend is:
When editing a record through Fabrik, have a button that opens the link where the form is (external site), and the fields of this form are filled with values of the form that I have open.

For example:
I edit the registry and click the button:
- Opens the form link and fills in the name and surname automatically, based on the name and surname of the record I'm editing.

PS: I can also use the button as a list element, instead of editing I make it in the list.

Assuming you mean a non-Fabrik form on another site, that's not possible. Or rather, it's entirely up to the designers of the other site's form. They may allow pre-filling of form fields by providing query string arguments, or they may not. We do, but typically other systems won't.

-- hugh

Assuming you mean a non-Fabrik form on another site, that's not possible. Or rather, it's entirely up to the designers of the other site's form. They may allow pre-filling of form fields by providing query string arguments, or they may not. We do, but typically other systems won't.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I mean, we can only do that if we get permission from the external site, right?

Well, not just permission, their form / app would have to be coded to allow filling of fields through query string parameters.

Fabrik allows that, because we specifically allow appended element names with valiue, like &yourtable___yourelement=Something, and we use that as the default for the element of that name.

-- hugh

Well, not just permission, their form / app would have to be coded to allow filling of fields through query string parameters.

Fabrik allows that, because we specifically allow appended element names with valiue, like &yourtable___yourelement=Something, and we use that as the default for the element of that name.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,

Thanks for the clarifications. Although it costs, I will have to forget this idea, it would save a lot of time in the daily work ...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back