force popup?

FilMar

I have a list with a details popup screen.
I have also a calendar (visualization - Fullcalendar)
When I put the link for the details in the custom URL field of the calendar it opens in a new tab/screen, not as popup.

How do I force it to a popup screen?

Many thanks in advance,

Filip

Sorry for the late reaction.
p38: This looks good in articles and so but don't seems to work in the calendar visualisation.

Nobody a solution for this? I find it strange that using a custom URL changes the behaviour of the link.
Why a custom link doesn't open as popup?

Greetings,

Filip

A custom link set in the calendar won't open as a popup for two reason:

Firstly, the way the "built in" details popup is built is very specific:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/bl...sualization/fullcalendar/fullcalendar.js#L350

It basically builds the link from the internal data about the list the event is built on. Obviously none of that applies to custom links.

Secondly, because popups are Fabrik specific. They use a document format ('partial') specific to Fabrik links. As we have no a-priori knowledge of what your link is to (it could be another component, or even a different site), we can't assume it's a Fabrik details link. Yes, we could deconstruct your custom link when building the view, figure that out, and handle links we xcan pasre as Fabrik view links differently ... but we'd still then have to re-write that adEvForm() code to handle links that aren't based on the list id, form id, etc of the events triggering the link.

So ... not impossible, but a fair amount of work. And as usual with Fabrik, features which are a lot of work tend to get implemented either when one of our own projects needs the feature, or the vast majority of Fabrik users are requesting the feature, or someone pays for it.

I'm sure at some point I'll run across the need for this in one of our own projects, but I can't guarantee when that will happen.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back