Google map not rendering

winchester

Hi. I'm having an issue with the Googlemap element. I am very new to Fabrik and I'm not a developer, so I just don't know where to look to begin to figure out this issue.

The form I'm need it on is a multiple one. Please see setting in attached screenshot.

I'm not sure if these could be factors to why it's not working, but I'm using the B3 template in the T3 framework and I also have other googlemaps installed and running fine. These other googlemaps are from DJ-Classifieds, the extension I'm trying to replace with application I'm trying to build with Fabrik.

I'm not sure where else to look, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Winchester

Attachments

• Fabrik - Googlemap settings 01.jpg
    Fabrik - Googlemap settings 01.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 71
What means "not rendering": nothing shown at all, error message,...?
Have a look in your browser console for javascript errors.
"Other googlemaps installed" may conflict with Fabrik ones.

What means "not rendering": nothing shown at all, error message,...?
Have a look in your browser console for javascript errors.
"Other googlemaps installed" may conflict with Fabrik ones.

Meaning, it's not showing on the page. A div was placed there with the configured dimensions, but it's empty. Please see below.

Fabrik---Googlemap-Issue-01.jpg Fabrik---Googlemap-Issue-02.jpg

Hey. I unpublished the date/time fields on the form and the Google map showed. It seems there's some conflict there. Any idea why this would happen?

Here's the error message for the calendar expanded.

Fabrik---Googlemap-Issue-04.jpg

Last edited:
Which exact Fabrik and Joomla version are you running?
Which Joomla template?
Did you try with the standard Protostar template coming with Joomla?

Which exact Fabrik and Joomla version are you running?
Which Joomla template?
Did you try with the standard Protostar template coming with Joomla?

Ok. Changed the template style for that menu item/page and it works fine. So, I guess the conflict is with the T3 framework. Is there a way to fix this so I can use the T3 framework?

T3 is bootstrap3.
Did you add the bootstrap3 overrides https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

Or (because I can't see a problem with the Googlemap element with my T3-blank even without the layout overrides):
Do you have special settings? CSS and/or JS compression...
Do you have 3rd-party modules not displayed in Protostar which may break JS?

T3 is bootstrap3.
Did you add the bootstrap3 overrides https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

Or (because I can't see a problem with the Googlemap element with my T3-blank even without the layout overrides):

Thank you. Didn't know there were b3 overrides. I'm going to try it and see if that helps.

T3 is bootstrap3.

The B3 overrides didn't help.

I do have DJ-Classifieds - which was the first extension I used to build this survey. It worked with many modifications, but with no proper control over the form, it was just one long page of fields and also the form management in the back end is very difficult. The google module it had worked very well and is currently running on the website. May be I should install a test installation just for building this and then see if I can move it over to the live site after. What do you think?

Before starting with Fabrik, I thought I would try using ChronoForms to build the survey form. I'm thinking I should continue to use ChronoForms for the form and Db table and then use Fabrik to pull the data from the DB table for the directory. Is this possible and would this be easier? I have only a week to finish this.

Ok. Figured out what's causing this issue. The calendar JS scripts used by DJ-Classifieds is conflicting with the Google map scripts. These calendar JS scripts are located in the folder, "fields" in"media/system/js/".

If you are using both DJ-Classifieds and Fabrik on the same website, you will have to figure out how to make them work together. In my case, the forms I'm building with Fabrik will be replacing the one built in DJ-Classifieds.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back